Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id feel better in Johnson's spot, he was just a throw in for the trade and all the talk about this series was Prado and Upton

Disagree. I didn't see it, but if Justin Upton didn't super-pimp it, he's a better man than I.

True, but i personally would feel better, like i was just an extra piece thrown in

Unless Johnson has a ridiculously inflated ego, there's no way he took it that personally. He's an average player who's almost certainly going to have one of these careers where he plays for six or seven teams, one or two years at a time. He's probably going to get traded a couple more times. He's a valuable bench player and a useful trading chip; being an "extra piece" is pretty much is whole job.

Justin Upton was supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise, and instead they soured on him after one bad year, blamed a lost season on him, let it be known that they wanted him out of town, and then shat all over him after trading him away. I've gotta thing Upton's revenge factor is 10 times higher than Johnson's.

Unless Johnson has a ridiculously inflated ego, there's no way he took it that personally. He's an average player who's almost certainly going to have one of these careers where he plays for six or seven teams, one or two years at a time. He's probably going to get traded a couple more times. He's a valuable bench player and a useful trading chip; being an "extra piece" is pretty much is whole job.

Justin Upton was supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise, and instead they soured on him after one bad year, blamed a lost season on him, let it be known that they wanted him out of town, and then shat all over him after trading him away. I've gotta thing Upton's revenge factor is 10 times higher than Johnson's.

You do realize being "an extra piece" doesn't make it any more desirable when your employer doesn't value your service? I'd say he feels pretty unwanted as well, enough to warrant being chapped anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back