Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was interesting. Limped to the finish line a little, and at least one giant unexplained hole in the plot, but on the whole an outstanding premise for a movie. Probably a much better hour and a half than Naked Nuns With Big Guns.

What unexplained hole?

If Warwick is really a killer, then why does John wake up alive in the alley with fake injuries? But if Warwick isn't really a killer, then the "come to my house for dinner; do you like red or white wine" thing at the end is no threat at all. It tries to be really clever but ends up mostly being confusing.

Highly worth watching though. Especially after having seen the trailer.

If Warwick is really a killer, then why does John wake up alive in the alley with fake injuries? But if Warwick isn't really a killer, then the "come to my house for dinner; do you like red or white wine" thing at the end is no threat at all. It tries to be really clever but ends up mostly being confusing.

Highly worth watching though. Especially after having seen the trailer.

I never really thought of that

The peel-off fake wounds John wakes up with are never even half-assedly explained. And they make the rest of the movie make no coherent sense. Two extra lines in the script to even sort of explain what the hell happened fixes that problem.

Next Friday: Naked Nuns.

The peel-off fake wounds John wakes up with are never even half-assedly explained. And they make the rest of the movie make no coherent sense. Two extra lines in the script to even sort of explain what the hell happened fixes that problem.

Next Friday: Naked Nuns.

He killed the toll booth guy

You guys have no idea how much I enjoy sitting on the crapper every morning and reading through the previous night's Braves thread conversation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This new UTPowerhour thing is not going to end well imo. Anytime, you've got a bunch of idiots tweeting high schoolers as much as possible from 7-8 every night something bad is bound to happen

This new UTPowerhour thing is not going to end well imo. Anytime, you've got a bunch of idiots tweeting high schoolers as much as possible from 7-8 every night something bad is bound to happen

Lol I'm with you on this. All it takes is one idiot, and let's be honest, there are quite a few of them in our fanbase

No kidding, its got bad idea written all over it

Verc and Wu, when i saw the part about the post cards, i about lost my s***.

No doubt. Good movie but a weird one lol. And he killed the toll booth guy in the parking garage. So he did kill. The only reason he let that guy live and cross the border is the way he played back and tried to trick him with chess. So I bet he killed the guy in the photo album

Power hour tweeting kids doing it wrong.

Power hour pounding beers. Winner.

Ahh, high school memories. Those were the good ole days.

Also, you a fan of Sturgull Simpson/Sunday Valley? Being in Nashville I'm sure you probably are already familiar with him but I couldn't remember if we'd ever talked about him before. The Sunday Valley album from a couple years ago is still one of my favorite albums of the last 5 or so years. His band situation has been slightly retooled since then but his new album is coming out next month, really looking forward to that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpH0muyR-I[/youtube]

Ahh, high school memories. Those were the good ole days.

Also, you a fan of Sturgull Simpson/Sunday Valley? Being in Nashville I'm sure you probably are already familiar with him but I couldn't remember if we'd ever talked about him before. The Sunday Valley album from a couple years ago is still one of my favorite albums of the last 5 or so years. His band situation has been slightly retooled since then but his new album is coming out next month, really looking forward to that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpH0muyR-I[/youtube]

Definitely brotha! Never seen em live though. Which is something that needs to change. Didn't realize they had a new record coming out. Awesome.

No doubt. Good movie but a weird one lol. And he killed the toll booth guy in the parking garage. So he did kill. The only reason he let that guy live and cross the border is the way he played back and tried to trick him with chess. So I bet he killed the guy in the photo album

I just wish they had made even a halfassed attempt to explain the fake peel-off wounds. Or how the hell Taylor ended up with that Polaroid in his pocket. I guess that's the kind of movie where the whole point of it is the big reveal in the middle of what the situation really is, and once you're past that then the rest of it is doomed to be an anticlimax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back