Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Fredi/Braves ran Venters and O'Flaherty into the ground, but what really was the alternative? Losing winnable games? There work loads were less last year than in '11, but in '11 the starters weren't lasting long enough and the offense wasn't scoring enough to save the bullpen arms because it was 2-1 and 3-2 every night. Also, Atlanta went all those years with the pitching staff staying relatively injury free. They're overdue for injuries. If I were Kimbrel, I'd discreetly be getting my own insurance policy.

I agree that Fredi/Braves ran Venters and O'Flaherty into the ground, but what really was the alternative? Losing winnable games? There work loads were less last year than in '11, but in '11 the starters weren't lasting long enough and the offense wasn't scoring enough to save the bullpen arms because it was 2-1 and 3-2 every night. Also, Atlanta went all those years with the pitching staff staying relatively injury free. They're overdue for injuries. If I were Kimbrel, I'd discreetly be getting my own insurance policy.

I think Fredi has actually gotten better at managing workload. The problems for Venters and EOF go back to Bobby Cox who was notorious for frying a guy every year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back