Austin Peay will be pay-per-view (6 pm ET kickoff) for Tennessee residents

wait wait wait...the team with a losing record last year against a D2 team isnt nationally televised?

Reactions: 3 people
wait wait wait...one of the biggest and most storied programs in college football is playing their season opener under a new proven head coach and it isnt nationally televised?

fyp.

And it's dumb. I could see South Alabama or even Western Ky on PPV before I could see a season opener on PPV.

Reactions: 2 people
Put a product on the field worth watching first. I guess unless you have tix, most won't be seeing a game until Oregon.

It will be on ESPN3 and there's always a stream online somewhere in Europe. It's actually fairly easy to catch PPV games w/o having to pay for it nowadays.

Reactions: 3 people
well that does suck,and I'm not going to pay for it either,of course there is all ways one game a year that they do this too,i just hate that it is CBJ opening debut

Glad I'm in Georgia. Hopefully, I can see it via ESPN3 here.

Pretty ridiculous that people in the state of TN will be blacked out.

These discussions always make me laugh and then feel old. In the 90s, it was great if you had 8 or 9 games televised. In the early to mid 80s, you felt privileged if half the games made it to TV. Having to scramble to see or hear a few games a year was just a fact of life and part of the romance of the whole thing. It's why people think John Ward is the voice of God.

Reactions: 16 people
These discussions always make me laugh and then feel old. In the 90s, it was great if you had 8 or 9 games televised. In the early to mid 80s, you felt privileged if half the games made it to TV. Having to scramble to see or hear a few games a year was just a fact of life and part of the romance of the whole thing. It's why people think John Ward is the voice of God.

That's why most of us old farts miss John Ward

He brought the game to life and no matter where you were, you felt like your were in a seat at the game

Reactions: 11 people

Great post. Dead on.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think that will change the PPV game.

I figured a lot of the games that will be on the SEC network next year will be the ones that's usually on ppv, Maybe not all of them but didn't they say the SEC network would air 4 games each Saturday?

Last edited:
Or if you were really smart and just wanted to stay at home for game. If you have comcast, then download program "hotspot shield" and install, it changes ur ip to different state or country then get on comcast espn 3 streaming and watch. If you want to link your computer to big screen using hdmi cable. Good luck

And, for most of the 1960s, you were very fortunate to see your team on television during the regular season for more than two games, no matter how good they were. The weekly telecast on ABC was pretty much the only option and, at the time, there was no such thing as prime-time college football on television. See College football's first major primetime game still stands out - ESPN. It may be unfathomable for younger fans but all too true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

This. Part of why I think things lose their allure too. It is just all too easy now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back