Back to Back Blow Outs Detrimental to Vol Rebuilding Program

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
This is only an average Gator team. We gotta grow up a little this weekend, not run scared. Losing may happen but let's go down swinging.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe an average Gator team, but the Vols get less than average play from the QB position. Gators will cover on that alone.

Reactions: 1 person
Their D is tough. We got to be able to run the ball to stay in the game, because they will be running on our d for sure.

Florida's defense is anything but average. One of the top D's in the SEC, so much talent and depth. Their offense also has lot of play makers and they always seem to have their best games against us. Will be a tough game to win, and I don't think anyone has been calling this a win this year. A possible win, if we play our best game ever and they don't.

I agree, it could do some damage to recruiting if we are blown-out, again. I hope to see the team fight. Losing 21 to 10 is a heck of a lot better than 30-something to 10.

This is the first of many SEC beatings this year. This year's team really just needs to focus on doing all the can week-in week-out and grow a strong stomach for crap, because they're going to catch alot of it. If they can compete with Mizzou, Auburn, and Vandy they will have been successful this year. I don't think anyone honestly expects them to beat Florida, UGA, Bama, SC or (past tense) Oregon.

Reactions: 1 person
The Vols should be mad as all get out after the Ducks beat down. The times I have seen UT beat Florida (which have not been many) the Vols always played with a chip on their shoulder, played every down like a hungry dog and didn't allow the Gators to intimidate them at all. It's a tall order, but now we'll find out about them and this coaching staff. I see an upset or at least progress from this team from last week. Tired of seeing this team lose against good opponents. Time for some karma to float our way. Vols 21-17 in the Swamp.

Reactions: 3 people
This is the first of many SEC beatings this year. This year's team really just needs to focus on doing all the can week-in week-out and grow a strong stomach for crap, because they're going to catch alot of it. If they can compete with Mizzou, Auburn, and Vandy they will have been successful this year. I don't think anyone honestly expects them to beat Florida, UGA, Bama, SC or (past tense) Oregon.

I am going to the SC game so we better friggin beat them... I bet we unleash the new uni's that night too.

This is only an average Gator team. We gotta grow up a little this weekend, not run scared. Losing may happen but let's go down swinging.

It may be a less than average gator team but they always have there coming out party against us every yr. It seems that way every season they look bad against sub par teams and then when we play them they play like allstars. Getting tired of it we need to end this 8 yr streak. We never p lay good against florida. We could have the best team in the ncaa and we would find a way to lose. I really hope that we can get over this hump with them. GO VOLS!

They may be average on offense but they have a top five defense in the country. Our weakness is our offense. You starting to see the correlation here of how this could be bad for our VOLS. All I want from us is to not break down and give up if things go bad. I don't want to see one big play cause a 30-0 run.

How sad that the only SEC teams these seniors will ever beat are Vandy, Kentucky, and Ole Miss.

Back to back to back blowout losses weren't detrimental to Bobby Petrino at Arkansas.

Dude they can't compete with Auburn if they can't play with Florida or SC. Don't let last years record fool you that team has talent on it. With that said they are going to have to compete. I'm telling you now if this team doesn't go bowling this year no matter how good of a recruiter we have on our squad this team won't finish in the top 20 in recruiting.

Dude they can't compete with Auburn if they can't play with Florida or SC. Don't let last years record fool you that team has talent on it. With that said they are going to have to compete. I'm telling you now if this team doesn't go bowling this year no matter how good of a recruiter we have on our squad this team won't finish in the top 20 in recruiting.

I'll take some of that action.

Past years aside IMO on paper this is the best chance for the VOLS to beat a ranked opponent. UF has the pieces to be pretty good this year but they are still gelling and their QB play is spotty. A low scoring affair always benefits the underdog and this one could be fairly low scoring, on paper.

It doesn't matter if I think they will, it matters if they think they will.

I completely agree with you, Auburn has talent on-par with Alabama. We can only hope their leadership is in such disarray that we compete/come out on top. I certainly don't expect it. If you track down my previous "must wins" predictions, for this season to be successful we must win all of the cupcake games (KY & OOC excluding Oregon) and win 2 out of 3 of Mizzou, Vandy, and Auburn. Mizzou at their house will be a tough game as well, UGA didn't really pull ahead on them last year until the 4th quarter.

Below average offense for FL standards, superb defense.

We lose, and FL covers the spread. JMO.

You can't use the talent excuse all the time at some point you have to win. You have to come into the game with I don't have nothing to loose mentality and put it all on the line. Pain is temporary but victory last forever well at least one season. When you have teams like North Dakota State beating Kansas State and Eastern Washington beating #25 Oregon State we have no excuse (just to name a couple).

It don't take talent to show up. Those FBS schools have far less depth and talent than we do. We have a week mind set and they have loss the game before they even played a down.

If they work harder, pay attention to detail, and execute like it's their last down they can win. If they come in complain about depth, players lack effort, they have mental break downs, and don't play like they deserve to be there they will come home with the same song and dance. "We didn't execute" "made to many mistakes" "this isn't Tennessee football"

What good are you expecting to see this year in Basketball?

I expect Elite 8, just in case you haven't been paying attention to the talent level of our current roster. But that's discussion for the B-ball forum. :hi:

VN Store

Back