Back to Back Blow Outs Detrimental to Vol Rebuilding Program

Back to back blowouts will mean nothing other than Dooley left Butch a complete pile of crap to work with. That's all.

Not neccessarily. We have some quality players. We've also had high talent teams get their asses handed to them by the gators. 3 coaches worth in the most recent run.

I agree that is terrible. I never thought I would see the day that TN was in the basement in the sec. Well atleast we got one thing to be happy about vandy is 0-2 in the sec. It makes u wonder what them cocky ass vandy fans are saying now. LOL LOL I love it! James franklin what a joke. GO VOLS!
At least Vandy come to play and compete. They come into a game with they idea of winning it and they don't give up a half time. No matter how much you hate James Franklin this guy inspires his team to play. They have the same level of talent as we do and do more with it. If that was TN in the USCe game they would have given up at the half

How sad that the only SEC teams these seniors will ever beat are Vandy, Kentucky, and Ole Miss.

They will also beat Auburn and South Carolina this year. And I'm going out on a limb and saying they get it done Saturday. UT 17-10 with a new qb at the helm. I'm not wearing orange colored glasses or drinking anything, but I'm a fan that believes in our team and Coach Jones. I believe that we have to get behind our team and believe they can win each game. That is the reason they play them. Michigan shouldn't have lost to Appalachian St a few years back either but they did. I didn't think we would beat Oregon but I expected them to because I'm a VFL. Go big orange.:superman:

At least Vandy come to play and compete. They come into a game with they idea of winning it and they don't give up a half time. No matter how much you hate James Franklin this guy inspires his team to play. They have the same level of talent as we do and do more with it. If that was TN in the USCe game they would have given up at the half

I don't agree with the talent. I feel we have alot better players than Candy.

Last year your comment would be correct but not this year. This team fought the whole game last week against a better team. And if you think Vandy has as good of athletes as UT, you don't know football. UT don't have Alabama talent but by no means are their players like Vandy's.

They will also beat Auburn and South Carolina this year. And I'm going out on a limb and saying they get it done Saturday. UT 17-10 with a new qb at the helm. I'm not wearing orange colored glasses or drinking anything, but I'm a fan that believes in our team and Coach Jones. I believe that we have to get behind our team and believe they can win each game. That is the reason they play them. Michigan shouldn't have lost to Appalachian St a few years back either but they did. I didn't think we would beat Oregon but I expected them to because I'm a VFL. Go big orange.:superman:

Your right that's the reason we play the game. I'm hoping and praying for a W to. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Loss to Oregon was a great thing for the Vols. A loss to Florida will be a great thing if it happens. Now, before anyone has a tantrum you have to be humbled and have to have a loss or losses stick in your craw before you can find the fire deep down to have enough. This is a valuable learinng experience that will pay dividends later. I still say the Vols show 7 wins this year. Start looking for the fire.

Loss to Oregon was a great thing for the Vols. A loss to Florida will be a great thing if it happens. Now, before anyone has a tantrum you have to be humbled and have to have a loss or losses stick in your craw before you can find the fire deep down to have enough. This is a valuable learinng experience that will pay dividends later. I still say the Vols show 7 wins this year. Start looking for the fire.

if they arent fired up to play against florida any season they dont need to be here. last weeks loss alone should be enough.

anyway. this is maybe the most depressing thread i have seen on here. comparing tennessee to akron and appalachian state. we have fallen so far

They may be average on offense but they have a top five defense in the country. Our weakness is our offense. You starting to see the correlation here of how this could be bad for our VOLS. All I want from us is to not break down and give up if things go bad. I don't want to see one big play cause a 30-0 run.

same here.i want to win as much as much as anyone.but i also want the team to fight to the end no matter what happens.go big orange.

Dude they can't compete with Auburn if they can't play with Florida or SC. Don't let last years record fool you that team has talent on it. With that said they are going to have to compete. I'm telling you now if this team doesn't go bowling this year no matter how good of a recruiter we have on our squad this team won't finish in the top 20 in recruiting.

I will take some of that action too....

Just hoping we don't suffer another national embarrassment, that S%#T is way to old. If this team is tired of losing they need to play like it. :yes:

They may be average on offense but they have a top five defense in the country. Our weakness is our offense. You starting to see the correlation here of how this could be bad for our VOLS. All I want from us is to not break down and give up if things go bad. I don't want to see one big play cause a 30-0 run.

I would suggest we don't kick it to them. Kick it off through the endzone and directional punt to the sideline.

When is the last time we kicked one through the end zone , hell I can't freaking remember. :question:

So, is it not possible at all for the Vols to win this game?

1. Anything is Possible!

2. Beating Oregon was "possible".

3. It's much more likely then Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina.....and possibly Mizzou...

4. Best I can tell Florida's offense sucks as much if not more then our offense, and our defense might score. We at least have the potential at a running game. Their defense has more depth though...

I honestly like our chances on this game.....I think it's doable.

1. Anything is Possible!

2. Beating Oregon was "possible".

3. It's much more likely then Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina.....and possibly Mizzou...

4. Best I can tell Florida's offense sucks as much if not more then our offense, and our defense might score. We at least have the potential at a running game. Their defense has more depth though...

I honestly like our chances on this game.....I think it's doable.

Florida's offense does not suck. They are averaging over 400 Yds of offense per game. They just had turnovers in the redzone vs Miami. If we can't throw the ball Saturday we will get stomped.

Dear butch I know your probably reading these negitive posts on her and thinking wow this is a tough fans base hopefully not mad like Pelini though but there the minority.

Me and many others here know your a hard worker and doing great things for UT everyones noticed but this game is a lot on the line for all of the volsnation not just on here but everywhere with all the history nothing would get us back like a win in the swamp think what recruits like hendrix and Berrys would say.

Please show us what your bricks is all about and we dont expect a win but a fight that's what your butch jones is known for and no you'll bring us back in time for championchips.

Here is the time is now!!!!!!! GBO!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
The volsnation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 42
When is the last time we kicked one through the end zone , hell I can't freaking remember. :question:

There has to be someone on campus that can kick the ball 75 yards! I don't care if it only gets 10 feet off the ground, just get through the endzone.

I've seen enough crappy special teams play over the past decade to make Cafego turn over in his grave.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back