Bad Omen (2)

Also no team that has lost its opening round NCAAT game has ever won the NC. These historical “trends” are so silly. Every year is a new year with new players.
I wouldn’t say silly as facts are facts. However, a one seed had never lost to a 16 seed until UVA. Then Purdue went down last yr. Colegr baskeball continues to change so I don’t place must stock in correlating conf champions vs the dance.

Tn better bring their A game or they will go home in the 2nd or third round. Colorado St and Texas are quality teams.

Then comes Creighton. They surprised me today as they are athletic and have pure shooters. Plus a 7’0 nimble post player who plays up top, too.

This surprised me that I happens almost 40% of the time

Even 7/10s fit that bill. I have see even 6/11 or 5/12 games that were pretty even on team strength (the higher seed just had better record). I think they setup some 5/12 games for upsets and that is why that upset happens more often.

I wouldn’t say silly as facts are facts. However, a one seed had never lost to a 16 seed until UVA. Then Purdue went down last yr. Colegr baskeball continues to change so I don’t place must stock in correlating conf champions vs the dance.

Tn better bring their A game or they will go home in the 2nd or third round. Colorado St and Texas are quality teams.

Then comes Creighton. They surprised me today as they are athletic and have pure shooters. Plus a 7’0 nimble post player who plays up top, too.
Yep beat Akron 77-60. Dont know how good Akron is but looked pretty impressive.

Reactions: vol94
Yep beat Akron 77-60. Dont know how good Akron is but looked pretty impressive.
I had a meeting and then we all went to a restaurant for lunch ti watch the games. I was surprised with their athleticism and fundamentals.

They were able to drain threes but then pulled up for mid range jumpers. I think they shot 59% from the field and over 55% from three.

They’ve played well in March, so the moment won’t be too big for them. They will advance to Sweet 16.

A team that embarrassed UT twice gets stomped by a lower seed.
That reflects badly on the Vols.

C'mon, man, stop. Basketball is all about matchups - how a team plays one team has zero bearing on how it will play another team. The idea of "well, X beat us and we beat Y, so X should kill Y" is absurd, and has been shown to be false so many times, and yet it is still trotted out over and over.

C'mon, man, stop. Basketball is all about matchups - how a team plays one team has zero bearing on how it will play another team. The idea of "well, X beat us and we beat Y, so X should kill Y" is absurd, and has been shown to be false so many times, and yet it is still trotted out over and over.

NCAA Tournament is chaos. You can't read into these type of matchups in any sport.

With the way Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Missouri stomped their B1G teams in football, for example, you would think it would have reflected poorly on the Alabama vs. Michigan matchup but who won?

NCAA Tournament is chaos. You can't read into these type of matchups in any sport.

With the way Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Missouri stomped their B1G teams in football, for example, you would think it would have reflected poorly on the Alabama vs. Michigan matchup but who won?
Not a legitimate comparison. Dont think 1 player has opted out of the NCAA Tourney compared to those who opted out of the lesser bowl games.

100% correlation looks like more than a trend to me.
There's only been 10 years of double byes in the SEC tourney... its something, but before that, teams were getting a single bye or no bye at all, so they were playing shittier teams in their first game. Our first game was in the quarters, so we were playing a quality opponent. Back in the day, we'd have played Vanderbilt or Mizzou or someone instead of a feisty MSU team.

I had a meeting and then we all went to a restaurant for lunch ti watch the games. I was surprised with their athleticism and fundamentals.

They were able to drain threes but then pulled up for mid range jumpers. I think they shot 59% from the field and over 55% from three.

They’ve played well in March, so the moment won’t be too big for them. They will advance to Sweet 16.
I wouldn’t hate it if Creighton was gassed after the first weekend. Absolutely no bench production: zero points, three boards, and one player with more than five minutes. I have no idea if their rotation has been six players all year, but if so, good.

there were also no 16 seed to beat a 1 seed but now there’s 2. streaks are meant to be broken.

VN Store

Back