BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

Grant locked up Wemby tonight.
I missed most of the game, but Wemby had 15 points on 6-9 shooting in 23 minutes, and Grant had 0 steals and 1 block...locked up? Grant played 35 minutes and had a good offensive game for sure, and I don't doubt for a second he played some excellent defense.

I missed most of the game, but Wemby had 15 points on 6-9 shooting in 23 minutes, and Grant had 0 steals and 1 block...locked up? Grant played 35 minutes and had a good offensive game for sure, and I don't doubt for a second he played some excellent defense.
They played wemby more like a perimeter player on offense and Grant did an excellent job staying in front of him and making him uncomfortable. Most of those possessions ended with a different spur shooting so the big contribution is keeping his attempts down and keeping him off the boards

They played wemby more like a perimeter player on offense and Grant did an excellent job staying in front of him and making him uncomfortable. Most of those possessions ended with a different spur shooting so the big contribution is keeping his attempts down and keeping him off the boards
I actually just counted since I was watching highlights anyway and only one of his makes (contested 15 footer) came against grant. I think the rest were all on Kleber and Lively

Reactions: Vol49er and Lukusw

As Cathcart mentioned, Wemby only had 9 attempts all night which is pretty great. Grant was flying around the floor. His effort was noticeable compared to most of the lackluster defense by the rest of the Mavs and most analysts I saw after the game were praising Grant for his defense last night.

I think Grant heading to the Mavs was a good decision for him. He’ll get a lot of playing time.

Grant had 35 minutes. Luka had 34.
Grant running the show in Dallas IMO 😄

Right. Although, @n_huffhines says he took him for Defensive POY. Great odds, but if he continues to have 5 fouls early in the 3rd quarter, he's not going to win it.
That was a good bet given the odds. He'll block a ton of shots, many which he'll never have to leave his feet. He was a fouling machine in game 1

Would love to see the stats to back up this claim. People that say "the NBA doesn't play defense" should just say "I don't know ball."
There are a few guys who are known to be weak one-on-one defenders, pretty much all the time, but check those guys' steals stats. Tons of guys stay in the league because they're dogs, night in and night out, on defense. The defense is far more intense in the NBA than it is in the NCAA, with the exception of a tiny few teams, Tennessee being one of them

It's just impossible to play D in the NBA* and casuals misinterpret that as bad D, but D is more important than ever

*spacing + officiating + skill level of offensive players

Reactions: Lukusw
It's just impossible to play D in the NBA* and casuals misinterpret that as bad D, but D is more important than ever

*spacing + officiating + skill level of offensive players
Yeah. The weakest NBA defense would shut down the best NCAA offense.

I think the length of the NBA regular season means the games don’t mean as much and the intensity level sometimes drops. I’m not saying nba players don’t play defense but there is a difference in regular season and playoff defensive intensity

VN Store

Back