BCS Standings 11/23

It isn't likely, but if Florida by some chance gets screwed out of the championship, the AP poll should give them the title if they beat Bama and easily win in the BCS.

IF beats AL and the voters are going to have to decide between the big 12 guys and USC.

It isn't likely, but if Florida by some chance gets screwed out of the championship, the AP poll should give them the title if they beat Bama and easily win in the BCS.
Any rationale behind this line of thinking? If UF gets left out it is because they lost to a 7-4 Ole Miss squad (ranked 25th in the AP) and they did not learn from Auburn not to schedule the Citadel.

Texas and OU lost to Top 10, 11 win teams. If Texas, OU, and UF win out, and UF ends up in the Championship Game that is criminal.

Any rationale behind this line of thinking? If UF gets left out it is because they lost to a 7-4 Ole Miss squad (ranked 25th in the AP) and they did not learn from Auburn not to schedule the Citadel.

Texas and OU lost to Top 10, 11 win teams. If Texas, OU, and UF win out, and UF ends up in the Championship Game that is criminal.

Texas lost to T. Tech, I don't care what they were ranked, it is T. Tech.

If Florida is number 1 in the AP, I see no reason for the AP to replace them if they win their bowl game easily just because some abysmal system favors a rematch.

If UF wins out, beating no 1 Alabama, and destroying Georgia along with everyone else is as good a resume as there is out there.

sorry. I'm a moron on my handheld. If UF beats AL, the voters will have to decide between the two big 12 guys and USC. IMO, OU will lose out because TX is higher today and beat them in the Red River gig. TX is going to get to play Mizzou and edge out USC.

sorry. I'm a moron on my handheld. If UF beats AL, the voters will have to decide between the two big 12 guys and USC. IMO, OU will lose out because TX is higher today and beat them in the Red River gig. TX is going to get to play Mizzou and edge out USC.

Got it and agree with all that.

I agree in saying scheduling the Citadel isn't smart, but from what I understand, Florida plays the Citadel every so often because Mr. Two Bits' alma mater is the Citadel. He is retiring this season, & they held a special ceremony for him at the game.

It probably won't hurt Florida that much.

You think UF will jump to number 1 if they beat Bama BPV?
I don't think so. The polls have AL up there, but the voters don't actually believe it.

The overblown love for the Big 12 is out of control, even though an all-star team of Big 12 defensive players would be worse than USC's, UF's or AL's individual defenses.

I agree, I predict Texas to be in the title game. Just referring to the UF being in the title game as "criminal" part. What UF did was not worse than what UT did.
You are right. Losing to a 7-4 team, at home, is much the same as losing to a 10-1 team, on the road. What was I thinking...

I don't think so. The polls have AL up there, but the voters don't actually believe it.

The overblown love for the Big 12 is out of control, even though an all-star team of Big 12 defensive players would be worse than USC's, UF's or AL's individual defenses.
I can't see USC jumping UF, but you don't think it is possible that Texas and OU stay in front?

You are right. Losing to a 7-4 team, at home, is much the same as losing to a 10-1 team, on the road. What was I thinking...

You are the same guy that argued for a UM-OSU rematch 2 years ago, that argument still make sense to you?

No problem though, I expect to see those two teams meet and UF will take care of business.

I think the vast majority of voters know that the Big 12 is a sham of a conference, hence those guys getting "big wins" over one another really isn't an example of big wins. OK St built it's reputation by beating Mizz (No D). TX built theirs by beating OU's awful D. Tech beat TX who has no D and probably lived off home field. OU now built its rep by killing No D Tech. All the rep is hype.

I don't like any of the Big 12 guys to beat even UGA, certainly not UF or UA.

I can't see USC jumping UF, but you don't think it is possible that Texas and OU stay in front?
I don't at all. Their conference is pretty well proving that it's all O and zero D. Championships don't happen that way.

Different scenario & situation, but...

Alot of people debated for Ohio State & Michigan to have a rematch for the National Championship because Michigan barely lost to Ohio State, & Florida lost to Auburn.

Florida got a shot, and spanked Ohio State in the National Championship.

The Big XII is better than the Big Ten in 2006, & you could easily argue that Texas & OU are better than Michigan & Ohio State were in 2006. Though, I don't think you give two teams from the same conference a spot in the National Championship game, unless they're head & shoulders above everyone else.

VN Store

Back