BCS Standings 11/23

Agreed, but when planning an OOC schedule, would you look at Miami and FSU and say that isn't really strong? I'm not sure I want to penalize them for that schedule.

it would appear strong

Here's my wish:

Big XII South Champ loses Big XII Championship game. Let's say for fun that's Texas. That opens the door for OU. But what about USC? Where do they go?

Obviously, the SEC will sort itself out.

I think Florida will lay down a sufficient spanking that there won't be much argument about who should be NC.

What happens if Bama does the unthinkable and beats UF in the SECCG....

Obviously, in that case there is no debate over the 1st spot in the NC game but does the debate over who gets the 2nd spot become easier or harder then?

What happens if Bama does the unthinkable and beats UF in the SECCG....

Obviously, in that case there is no debate over the 1st spot in the NC game but does the debate over who gets the 2nd spot become easier or harder then?

i don't think it makes a difference who wins the SECCG, assuming florida comes in with one loss and Bama undefeated. It would just be deciding who plays the SEC Champ.

However, if Florida loses to FSU and then beats Bama, things could get interesting. Same if Bama loses to Auburn and then beats UF.

FWIW, I really think people are jumping the gun on assuming Florida beats Bama.

Any chance we get to see UF-USC?
yes, but a lot has to happen.

first, FL has to win out. so does USC.

then something weird has to happen in the Big 12...like Mizzou winning the title game.

that's the only way USC gets in.

short of that, the big 12 south winner will come down to the final BCS rankings for TX and OK. today, TX goes to the title game.

either way thought, you have to think that TX or OK will win that game. if either one wins it........they will go to the title game.

the only way the winner of the SEC title game doesn't go to the title game is if FL or BAma or both teams lose their final regular season game.

if that happens, then it's TX/OU (assuming they win the title game) vs. USC.

if FL and Bama or both lose their final regular season game, and Mizzou wins the Big 12, then you're looking at USC vs. Penn State for the NT.

if you want BCS chaos, you are rooting for........Notre Dame, UCLA, FSU, Auburn over the next couple of weeks.

i don't think it makes a difference who wins the SECCG, assuming florida comes in with one loss and Bama undefeated. It would just be deciding who plays the SEC Champ.

However, if Florida loses to FSU and then beats Bama, things could get interesting. Same if Bama loses to Auburn and then beats UF.

FWIW, I really think people are jumping the gun on assuming Florida beats Bama.

I'm not sure if I understand you...are you saying you think the SECCG winner is a lock for the NC game?

If that's what you're saying then I agree..assuming they both win their next game

I'm not sure if I understand you...are you saying you think the SECCG winner is a lock for the NC game?

If that's what you're saying then I agree..assuming they both win their next game

yes, assuming UF beats FSU and Bama beats Auburn, the SECCG winner will be the NC game.

I didn't read all those posts very carefully, but it looks to me that the rematch between Texas and OU in BCS national championship game becomes very possible IF:
1. both Texas and OU wins out
2. Florida beats FSU and Bama
Then it comes down to whether Florida can jump either Texas or OU, and I would say NO. Florida is falling way behind because of computer ranking. Fl (.780), Texas (.960), OU (.900). If the above two assumptions hold, Fl will be in top 2 in both Harris poll and Coach's poll with no problem, but it really doesn't matter, because the difference in computer ranking is really too big for Florida to overcome.

So my conclusion is if Bama beats Florida, Bama plays Texas/OU in BCSCG, if Florida beats Bama, Texas and OU rematch in BCSCG, which is certainly what I don't want to see. What do you all think?

If Florida beats Alabama they will be number 1 in the coaches poll. That will guarantee them a place in the BCS game. There is already precedent this year when Texas jumped several spots to number 1 when they beat Oklahoma. If both Florida and Alabama win this Saturday, the SEC will be gauranteed a spot in the title game. The SEC championship winner will be ranked #1 the coaches and no less then #2 in the BCS poll.

VN Store

Back