BCS

i say we keep the bcs but make you have to win your conference to go to a bcs game and if ther is 3 or more undefeated teams and there are two after the bowl games then we use the plus one sytem. playoff will take some of the fun out of college football.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 11:11 PM
playoff will take some of the fun out of college football.

How would playoffs take the fun out of it?

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 11:11 PM
i say we keep the bcs but make you have to win your conference to go to a bcs game and if ther is 3 or more undefeated teams and there are two after the bowl games then we use the plus one sytem. playoff will take some of the fun out of college football.

yeah but how do u decide onthe 'bcs' conferencs... Utah sure did own this year, would they have been counted out?

Playoffs would be GREAT....Make a tournament just like the basketball tournament every year but take the top 15 or 25 and go from there...Or do the +1 system...Either way things would work out

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 22, 2005 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 22, 2005 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 11:11 PM

How would playoffs take the fun out of it? [/quote]
I&#39;d like to hear the answer to that too.

I think we should just scrap it all and let Tennessee play for the National Championship every year&#33;

Hey...........that is a WONDERFUL idea&#33;&#33; I wonder why ESPN hasn&#39;t thought of that yet???

:dlol:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Jan 22, 2005 11:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Jan 22, 2005 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 22, 2005 10:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vols2345
@Jan 22, 2005 11:11 PM

How would playoffs take the fun out of it?

I&#39;d like to hear the answer to that too. [/quote]
Football is the ONLY ncaa sport that doesnt use some sort of playoff system to decide its champion.. and i&#39;d have to say March Madness is pretty fun, right? except it&#39;d be "everyone bow down to UTness"

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jan 22, 2005 11:17 PM
Hey...........that is a WONDERFUL idea&#33;&#33; I wonder why ESPN hasn&#39;t thought of that yet???

Because they are jealous of our greatness&#33;

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 22, 2005 11:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 22, 2005 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LadyinOrange@Jan 22, 2005 11:17 PM

Because they are jealous of our greatness&#33; [/quote]
orangewhiteblood i would like to say that "The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw". is hilarious

ok this is how it would take the fun out of college football. all year we play to try and go undefeated and be no1 because if your not then you are not going to go to the national championship. if we do a playoff we are going to see teams like usc not really play anyone there last couple of games to make sure there healthy going into the playoffs. did you see how boring nfl was the past couple of weeks when we had to watch 4th stringers try to win a game. how freaking boring. then it takes all the fun out of the bowl games. dont tell me you wont miss the bowl games and how we get 2 to 4 weeks to talk trash to that teams fans and how our team is going to dominate. i just dont want to see college football turn into the nfl. were trying to take away the one thing that attracts fans to college football and that is all the contrivsity between who should play who and who should play who. if we go into a playoff there will still be complaining about how someones team got an onfare draw and had to play all the hard teams to get to the national championship game so what is say is keep it how it is. its fun.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 11:21 PM
ok this is how it would take the fun out of college football. all year we play to try and go undefeated and be no1 because if your not then you are not going to go to the national championship. if we do a playoff we are going to see teams like usc not really play anyone there last couple of games to make sure there healthy going into the playoffs. did you see how boring nfl was the past couple of weeks when we had to watch 4th stringers try to win a game. how freaking boring. then it takes all the fun out of the bowl games. dont tell me you wont miss the bowl games and how we get 2 to 4 weeks to talk trash to that teams fans and how our team is going to dominate. i just dont want to see college football turn into the nfl. were trying to take away the one thing that attracts fans to college football and that is all the contrivsity between who should play who and who should play who. if we go into a playoff there will still be complaining about how someones team got an onfare draw and had to play all the hard teams to get to the national championship game so what is say is keep it how it is. its fun.

true, money is the real reason for bowls... i&#39;d just like to see the winners of the BCS games play for it all til it was down to one.. cuz everyone counted Utah out but for all they know utah woulda beat usc...?

but you have to admitt you dont want college to be like the nfl do you. and whoever is the last seed s going to be said didnt deserve to get in and there will be some good team left out. and one more thing. there will never be a playoff because bowl games give too much scholaship money to schools that they will never take it away.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 11:25 PM
but you have to admitt you dont want college to be like the nfl do you. and whoever is the last seed s going to be said didnt deserve to get in and there will be some good team left out. and one more thing. there will never be a playoff because bowl games give too much scholaship money to schools that they will never take it away.

the one thing about &#39;playing scrubs not starters&#39; is that wouldnt happen... they wouldnt do that.. cuz ONE loss could take u outta the playoffs, because u can&#39;t clinch like u can in NFL

i just got an idea that i need to tel yall before i forget.

okay the top for teams go to a playoff 1plays 2 and 3 plays 4 right. then all the rest off the teams play the bowl games. so there will still be the great bowl games, but we will have an undisputed national champion. and another question, why is there not a bowl game in neyland? it would make more money then alot of the small stadiums across the country.

We just posted close to the same idea at the same time . . .

I like the BCS plus 1 plan. That would effectively give us a 4 team playoff without adding a bunch of games like the college Presidents claim they are afraid of. Most years there aren&#39;t more than 2 or 3 teams with a Nat&#39;l title argument anyway, so the plus 1 theory should make everyone happy.

...and IMHO the last thing we need is for two 6-5 teams to come in and bastardize Neyland Stadium to play in the Smoky Mountain Bowl

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 22, 2005 11:28 PM
I don&#39;t think we even need a playoff. I like the BCS plus 1 plan. That would effectively give us a 4 team playoff without adding a bunch of games like the college Presidents claim they are afraid of. Most years there aren&#39;t more than 2 or 3 teams with a Nat&#39;l title argument anyway, so the plus 1 theory should make everyone happy.

I agree, what happened to those Yellowjackets today?

well if you no 1 and the top 25 teams get in, then you would take out your starters because you wont drop 24 places. trust me it would happen.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 22, 2005 11:28 PM
I don&#39;t think we even need a playoff. I like the BCS plus 1 plan. That would effectively give us a 4 team playoff without adding a bunch of games like the college Presidents claim they are afraid of. Most years there aren&#39;t more than 2 or 3 teams with a Nat&#39;l title argument anyway, so the plus 1 theory should make everyone happy.

yeah true, but it isn&#39;t like the players would mind.. they love football.. and fans love it too

I wish they&#39;d at least do it as a trial

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 22, 2005 11:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 22, 2005 11:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Jan 22, 2005 11:28 PM
I don&#39;t think we even need a playoff.  I like the BCS plus 1 plan.  That would effectively give us a 4 team playoff without adding a bunch of games like the college Presidents claim they are afraid of.  Most years there aren&#39;t more than 2 or 3 teams with a Nat&#39;l title argument anyway, so the plus 1 theory should make everyone happy.

I agree, what happened to those Yellowjackets today? [/quote]
haha, va. tech hasn&#39;t done half bad in bball of fball in the ACC..

Too bad UT lost the game and their best player

virginia tech had USC beat this past year the first game except for a bad interference call...

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 22, 2005 11:29 PM
well if you no 1 and the top 25 teams get in, then you would take out your starters because you wont drop 24 places. trust me it would happen.

but 25 teams would take a long time, i&#39;m talkin like the top 8 or so

VN Store

Back