BCS

The polls are meaningless in every other sport, why not render them meaningless in football too? Just use an RPI-like formula to rank the teams. And just for fun, and to keep the regular season meaningful, throw in a stipulation that you have to win your conference in order to even be considered. Then put everybody in front of a selection committee just like they do in basketball and in lower levels of football to determine the seeding and play the BCS as usual except with the "Plus 1" game at the end.

We'd just need to force ND and the few other independents left out there to join a conference.

what i want to know is how the bcs si going to fin dwhos goes to the antional championship without the ap poll?

Check 3 posts up for my master plan on how to do this without the polls.

what are you talking in here for man. come over with us and talk to andre mathis. :worship:

For the post about taking the meaning out of the regular season.... ie like the NFL team's that took the last few week's off.....

Not a very good comparison. There are 117 Division I-A schools and only 32 NFL teams. The NFL teams taking 'off' were several games ahead in the divisional race and assured of 'home-field' advantage in the playoffs. College teams would not be able to slack like that for fear of losing.... and most conference races were tight.

IE, Virginia Tech and Miami played the last week... with the winner of the game winning the ACC. .... Oklahoma had a 1-game lead on Texas in the Big12, while Colorado got into the Big12 title game during the final week.... Iowa and Michigan finished tied, with Wisconsin only 1-game back in the Big Ten.... USC had a 1-game lead over Cal in the Pac-10.... and Tennessee had a 1-game lead over Georgia, while Auburn had a 2-game lead over LSU in the SEC.

And don't think for a minute if any of the top teams lost, they would not lose position in the polls.... even losing any home field advantage they might have.....

check out this playoff scenario..... higher ranking is important for seeding and home-field advantage

A playoff will probably never happen because just the top adds two extra games and they are not going to do that because it is just too much on these kids. You have to give them time to complete some classes too. You also have to take some time in there to get some recruiting done.

There have already been at least 2 Division I-A teams in the past several years play at least 15 games during a season. All other divisions besides I-A have a playoff. The extra games argument is not valid. Its just an excuse the conferences use because they want to keep control of the $money for themselves.

Show me the money! the only way we get a playoff is if the conferences end up making the same kind of money a +1 may be as close as we get and this yr It would have answered the big question

Main Rule.

The #1 and #2 teams have to be their conference champion. Why should you be the best in the country if you're not even the best in your conference.

one thing that bothers me about the bcs is, that not all conferences have champioship games..
don't think it's fair for it factoring into the bcs if not all conferences don't play one

Attachments

• shuler.jpg
    shuler.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back