Berry's on Hooker show

berryvol

Said they don't know when they'll make their decision but UT is the only school they've visited. Also said that "you could say Tennessee is in pretty good shape." Evan also said he'd like to play offense because "that's where the money is." Smart dude lol. They also said UT had the best fans in all of coolege football. I got out of it that, as we've been assuming, they're vol locks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44 people
Said they don't know when they'll make their decision but UT is the only school they've visited. Also said that "you could say Tennessee is in pretty good shape." Evan also said he'd like to play offense because "that's where the money is." Smart dude lol. I got out of it that, as we've been assuming, they're vol locks.

Actually defense is where the money is in the NFL, outside of the Mannings, Bradys of the world.............

Hope he wasn't referring to that is where the money is at UT.....LOL

This is hard to listen to with them both on there. I have no idea which one is which.
I bet they get that a lot...

Actually defense is where the money is in the NFL, outside of the Mannings, Bradys of the world.............

:whistling::whistling:Be careful now....wouldn't want to get that train rolling lol

Actually being that you can't hit like you used to and the NFL hands out fines the way they do, offense is where the money is. According to his rationale. He's heard that from somewhere. Sounds to me like the twins are good kids who just expected a little more love from other schools and I think it hurt them a little. Overall I like where their heads are at mature wise. Hooker asks creepy questions though.

Also one can visit govolsxtra site and read the interview that was referenced over the weekend.

It requires a paid subscription but free until august 31st.

Actually being that you can't hit like you used to and the NFL hands out fines the way they do, offense is where the money is. According to his rationale. He's heard that from somewhere. Sounds to me like the twins are good kids who just expected a little more love from other schools and I think it hurt them a little. Overall I like where their heads are at mature wise. Hooker asks creepy questions though.

:eek:lol::no::jpshakehead::sad::confused::scare::post-4-1090547957::pukeb::drive2::crap2:

please someone with more knowledge help me. i know eric played for us and we need loyalty but should we use 2 scholarships on them when we need def. and off. linemen and we onlt have a few left

:eek:lol::no::jpshakehead::sad::confused::scare::post-4-1090547957::pukeb::drive2::crap2:

You didn't notice that? Dude some of his questions made me cringe. Its one thing to ask them about the last staff. That's ok. But then he throws a Dooley question from left field. Its creepy how he does. Hookers going to be the dirty old man in the nursing home that no one wants to wash. Eww!

please someone with more knowledge help me. i know eric played for us and we need loyalty but should we use 2 scholarships on them when we need def. and off. linemen and we onlt have a few left

How many more people are going to go there? They've got schollies if they want them. We only need 1 more OL and a couple of DT.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people

According to what ryan callahan has written, the vols will take up to 30 kids. I think we have 23 committed, including Dews, who may greyshirt which will give us 8 avl slots. Callahan states the vols will take two o-linemen, another d-lineman, possibly another LB, one or two more DBs, another RB and/or QB, and/or another athlete that could play wr or DB. I think the coaches prefer to sign a juco def tackle-jmo.

He did state that this staff will hold two spots open for the Berry twins.

I think it depends on who commits elsewhere and if a RB/QB to their liking comes avl.

Reactions: 1 person
How many more people are going to go there? They've got schollies if they want them. We only need 1 more OL and a couple of DT.

Need more than a couple of DT's in this class IMO, but your point is still true. These kids have schollies waiting on them whenever they want to pull the trigger.

You don't get a legacy class with that train of thought. Besides, what would a legacy class even be WITHOUT the Berry brothers? Especially since we have been talking about them while their brother was still here.

We have roughly 5-6 spots open.

We have offered 10 OG's. 8 out of those 10 have already committed with one more not being interested at all.

We have offered 19 OT's. 2 have committed here already. 16 are either not interested or committed elsewhere. We have a shot at ONE now.

We have also offered 20 DT's. Roughly 10 are committed elsewhere. Another 8 aren't interested and the remaining 2 aren't anywhere near sure fire VFL's.

You can't make the kids come here. If the Berry brothers want to play here, get them on the damn team, even if it means we lose some DT that has no ties to the program.

Reactions: 7 people
My two cents:

With the berry twins, we have four maybe five more spots.

In order of importance.

DT- Barnett
DT- Humphries
DT- Hendrix (currently weighing in at 265, he will be a DT)

DT- Lamin or Lambert

OL- Blair

Others of importance:

DT- Williams, Ford and Walker. All measure in at 6 foot. I think they are a wait and see. Not tall enough

CB- Jackson. I just don't see it

DE- Williams

These I believe will fill out our recruiting class

Also one can visit govolsxtra site and read the interview that was referenced over the weekend.

It requires a paid subscription but free until august 31st.

Nope.

If I wanted to p*ss myself off I'll just go to the DMV and wait for no reason.

Reactions: 5 people
Need more than a couple of DT's in this class IMO, but your point is still true. These kids have schollies waiting on them whenever they want to pull the trigger.
A lot depends on whether O'Brien and Carr are as good as advertized.
If so, along with Saulsberry we can get by with 1 JUCO and 1 HS DT. We will still have Clark and Carson too, although I don't see them ever playing much.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back