Berry's on Hooker show

please someone with more knowledge help me. i know eric played for us and we need loyalty but should we use 2 scholarships on them when we need def. and off. linemen and we onlt have a few left

ANSWER: yes...because there are many facets in rebuilding a decimated program...

Reactions: 3 people
My two cents:

With the berry twins, we have four maybe five more spots.

In order of importance.

DT- Barnett
DT- Humphries
DT- Hendrix (currently weighing in at 265, he will be a DT)

DT- Lamin or Lambert

OL- Blair

Others of importance:

DT- Williams, Ford and Walker. All measure in at 6 foot. I think they are a wait and see. Not tall enough

CB- Jackson. I just don't see it

DE- Williams

These I believe will fill out our recruiting class

Giving up on Mosley?

Said they don't know when they'll make their decision but UT is the only school they've visited. Also said that "you could say Tennessee is in pretty good shape." Evan also said he'd like to play offense because "that's where the money is." Smart dude lol. They also said UT had the best fans in all of coolege football. I got out of it that, as we've been assuming, they're vol locks.

*college

Giving up on Mosley?

That's what I have been wondering. I really think we can take him especially if he wants to be a DT. If he wants to play OT then bama is a better fit for him. Not sure if he will be able to play the fast paced offense that butch is going for

Why the Berrys' have not gotten any love is because everyone thinks they are going to Tennessee. Come on UGA,Fla and Bama show some love so the Berrys' can turn you down and we can have them commit.

Reactions: 2 people
Evan said auburn, Georgia, Clemson, USC, Ohio St and UT are recruiting him. UT recruiting him the hardest.

How many more people are going to go there? They've got schollies if they want them. We only need 1 more OL and a couple of DT.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Totally agree with this. The twins are legacies with their own abilities. I'm sure two schollies have been set aside for them for quite some time. Plus, though he'll get a shot at DE, Carr is likely to grow into a DT. He's already at 280 lbs., and that's only a few extra meals away from 300.

Reactions: 1 person
According to what ryan callahan has written, the vols will take up to 30 kids. I think we have 23 committed, including Dews, who may greyshirt which will give us 8 avl slots. Callahan states the vols will take two o-linemen, another d-lineman, possibly another LB, one or two more DBs, another RB and/or QB, and/or another athlete that could play wr or DB (that's Evan Berry). I think the coaches prefer to sign a juco def tackle-jmo.

He did state that this staff will hold two spots open for the Berry twins.

I think it depends on who commits elsewhere and if a RB/QB to their liking comes avl.

I think we have 24 commetments including Dews.

Decimated?

decimated past participle, past tense of dec·i·mate (Verb)
Verb

1.Kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage of
2.Drastically reduce the strength or effectiveness of (something)

Question: What part of the last 10 years have you missed? Did you see the last couple Vandy/Kentucky games?

Reactions: 1 person
decimated past participle, past tense of dec·i·mate (Verb)
Verb

1.Kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage of
2.Drastically reduce the strength or effectiveness of (something)

Question: What part of the last 10 years have you missed? Did you see the last couple Vandy/Kentucky games?

I obviously am not as bleak as you. I don't see a team decimated. I see a team that hasn't been coached to its ability. I see a team that will perform far better than the Cattlemen Pessimist Club. I question your use of the word. Relax and reach down and loosen your panties. Have a nice day.

Reactions: 3 people
Need more than a couple of DT's in this class IMO, but your point is still true. These kids have schollies waiting on them whenever they want to pull the trigger.

2 more DT and 2 more de.one more secondary one more ol a linebacker and wr but that's just me

You don't get a legacy class with that train of thought. Besides, what would a legacy class even be WITHOUT the Berry brothers? Especially since we have been talking about them while their brother was still here.

We have roughly 5-6 spots open.

We have offered 10 OG's. 8 out of those 10 have already committed with one more not being interested at all.

We have offered 19 OT's. 2 have committed here already. 16 are either not interested or committed elsewhere. We have a shot at ONE now.

We have also offered 20 DT's. Roughly 10 are committed elsewhere. Another 8 aren't interested and the remaining 2 aren't anywhere near sure fire VFL's.

You can't make the kids come here. If the Berry brothers want to play here, get them on the damn team, even if it means we lose some DT that has no ties to the program.

Totally understand the love for the brothers Berry, but do you not think DTs are important? We really need 3 in this class. If you're not winning the line of scrimmage, you're not winning the game. A roster full of nothing but 5* qbs, rbs, and wrs isn't going to win. You have to cover every position of need.

Reactions: 2 people
I too wonder why the twins have yet to join this band of brothers and then I just had a conversation with my teenage son about why he would just up and quit his job, of three years, two weeks before an exotic hiking trip though out Costa Rica only to come back to no job, exhausted savings, car payments and university studies. This is the stark reality and I am reminded of how really immature our teenagers are. Patience. He is Family.

Bottom line, we need to be patient because the twins are Family. I personally would rather have two Berrys with hart than all the stars in the universe. We can't break up the Family for that is what is going to get us through the tough times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Said they don't know when they'll make their decision but UT is the only school they've visited. Also said that "you could say Tennessee is in pretty good shape." Evan also said he'd like to play offense because "that's where the money is." Smart dude lol. They also said UT had the best fans in all of coolege football. I got out of it that, as we've been assuming, they're vol locks.
we will have the O we will need the D.:)

They are 1 thing about it if they dont come we are in good shape, wont be a total loss we could use there spots for the DL.

VN Store

Back