best vols runningback

who is vols all-time back

• Total voters
No, but he deserves to be on it too......and it's Garner, Charlie Garner....

i personally feel its henry. he did some great things for us.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 18, 2005 9:23 PM
No, but he deserves to be on it too......and it's Garner, Charlie Garner....

and while I am at it, it's Aaron Hayden and Jay Grahm..... :thumbsup:

I've got to add one more (you knew it would happen).

Johnny (Johnnie?) Jones. I would add him because 1) he was the first 1000 rusher in the history of the Vols. 2) he was critical to the team and 3) he had that little "wiggle" according to Johnny Majors.

I still have a stadium cup with JJ on it! :D

I voted for James "Little Man" Stewart, since he's the only one I've actually played against, and can personally attest to how good he is.

However, they're ALL good.

Stewart and Travis Henry are probably the two best in my mind, but Stewart gets the edge.

i think it is a tie between lewis and henry. i would give the nod to lewis if he wouldnt have limped around like a pansy his last year hear. he was real good here though. so was henry. remember that stephens broke the single season rushing record. and single handidly beat florida in the SWAMP.

im going to think of a poll that would be the hardest question ever to answer.

well i guess thats a good reason. he had a great career. im just sad to see him go. i remeber he injured hs leg a couple years ago and we really struggled after he left.

TALENT... Chuck Webb. No question. Speed, Vision, Power. Out of the Clarett mold though, a thug. Cannot be" Little Man" his fumbles cost us 2 'Bama games.

Attachments

• greatness.jpg
    greatness.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2
Travis Henry and Travis Stephens, however if Jamal Lewis didn't get injuried be might have been the best, but i'm counting on Gerald Riggs to be the all-time best after this season is over.

VN Store

Back