Biden and Trump are both braindead morons

The country would be better off if we did away with the popular vote system for President.

And repealed the 17th Amendment.

We really should only vote for our state and local governments and our federal representatives.
?

I inferred the statement as the popular vote fallacy. In the beginning and I want to say into the early 1900’s the popular vote wasn’t even tallied at election time. I think that’s been done using historical data.

I inferred the statement as the popular vote fallacy. In the beginning and I want to say into the early 1900’s the popular vote wasn’t even tallied at election time. I think that’s been done using historical data.

I think a state's popular vote ought to determine the ratio of the state's electoral votes. The number of electoral votes should be commensurate with the state's population, as it is now.

Winner take all is dumb AF and effectively silences the will of up to 49.9% of a state's voting electorates wishes.

I'm still confused by his assertion that general elections for the presidency it a popular vote, it's definitely not. I must be misunderstanding what he's trying to imply.

I think a state's popular vote ought to determine the ratio of the state's electoral votes. The number of electoral votes should be commensurate with the state's population, as it is now.

Winner take all is dumb AF and effectively silences the will of up to 49.9% of a state's voting electorates wishes.

I'm still confused by his assertion that general elections for the presidency it a popular vote, it's definitely not. I must be misunderstanding what he's trying to imply.
Nothing in the US constitution prevents that it’s completely up to each state. I take a bit of a different tack and I think there should be a total of 50 electoral votes for POTUS and that’s it. We are either a republic of peer states or we aren’t. And I think the combined ticket for POTUS/VP should be done away with also. It puts emphasis on party platform and not individual

Nothing in the US constitution prevents that it’s completely up to each state. I take a bit of a different tack and I think there should be a total of 50 electoral votes for POTUS and that’s it. We are either a republic of peer states or we aren’t. And I think the combined ticket for POTUS/VP should be done away with also. It puts emphasis on party platform and not individual
that would be the end of Dems, so me likey

that would be the end of Dems, so me likey
I’d say that is just a nice side bonus as I don’t agree with nearly their entire platform however for me it just get back to forming intent of the Republic. Are we a Republic of equal constituent states or not. I’ve stated this before but to me the Republic’s constituents are the states directly and the people indirectly. I should largely be governed by my state of residence.

I like the idea of separate tickets for P and VP but hate the idea of only 50 electoral votes. The only change to the EC I think needs to be made is the winner of each congressional district gets that vote and the overall winner in the state gets the 2 senate electoral votes.

So you think it's reasonable that the State of Wyoming with its population of 577k ought to have the same pull as the State of California and its population of 39 million? You can't think that's an accurate representation of the will of the American electorate.

So you think it's reasonable that the State of Wyoming with its population of 577k ought to have the same pull as the State of California and its population of 39 million? You can't think that's an accurate representation of the will of the American electorate.
It isn't an accurate representation, but it is "fair"...and fairness is what matters.

And feelings. Cant hurt feelings.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Spend 30, wait, no, 5 minutes on Reddit. You'll understand why.

My 15yo daughter asked me why she wasnt allowed to use Reddit. I told her because shes smarter and more mature than 98% of the braindead liberal 13yos on that site. (Plus it skews about 90% liberal/communist and either child molesters/incels /child molester incels)

That wasn’t my assertion and I apologize for the confusion it caused. In my head, removing the popular vote for President would eliminate the possibility of fiascos like 2000 and 2016. However, I can’t really think of a way to choose electors that wouldn’t devolve into partisan nonsense. Short of adopting a parliamentary system, where the majority chooses the chief executive, we’re just going to have to put up with voting for dumbasses like Trump or Biden because both major parties have ceded control of the process to their most extreme elements.

My 15yo daughter asked me why she wasnt allowed to use Reddit. I told her because shes smarter and more mature than 98% of the braindead liberal 13yos o that site. (Plus it skews about 90% liberal/communist and either child molesters/incels /child molester incels)
I visit combat footage forums...

..And enjoy watching Europeans come to America and be amazed at garbage disposals (thats a thing).

The amount of people complaining about all their college debt and inability to find $100,000+ a year jobs right after graduating really makes me worry for the future of the world. FFS they blame everyone but themselves. "We were sold a a lie!!" type nonsense.

That wasn’t my assertion and I apologize for the confusion it caused. In my head, removing the popular vote for President would eliminate the possibility of fiascos like 2000 and 2016. However, I can’t really think of a way to choose electors that wouldn’t devolve into partisan nonsense. Short of adopting a parliamentary system, where the majority chooses the chief executive, we’re just going to have to put up with voting for dumbasses like Trump or Biden because both major parties have ceded control of the process to their most extreme elements.

We could do away with presidential primaries and go back to the state parties caucusing to select delegates to the conventions and those delegates selecting the candidates.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I’ve already said that yes I do. In another post I provided the rationale why. It gets back to who the constituents of the Republic actually are. We are organized in our founding documents as a constitutional republic. I don’t think a nationwide popular vote is congruent with that governmental organization. That would be a unitary democracy like France.

The country would be better off if we did away with the popular vote system for President.

And repealed the 17th Amendment.

We really should only vote for our state and local governments and our federal representatives.
It would be even better if our whole country did what Florida did and make officials report where all their money is coming from then give it teeth to be able do something about taking money from an institution or group that was in direct conflict with what you agenda they are pushing . I know that’s a fantasy but it would be a way to cut some of the vipers heads off until the lawyers we pay for find a loophole around it .

VN Store

Back