Bill's (Experts Only) Baseball Discussion Thread

Oh yeah, they movin on up. Even the stinky ass Dodgers are ahead of them now and the ****** ass Yankmees too. They's on a slide.

tl;dr warning

I guess I've seen this before, but honestly don't recall:

so in the UT game

UT has a runner on first. Burke crushed one to right, hit it so hard that the RF was able to play it on one bounce and throw out the runner going to second.
In college, that's ruled a FC. Burke does not get credit for a single.

I'm pretty sure the announcers said that if that happened in the Majors, that it would have been scored as a single.

I don't want to Google this, and I'm sure some of you all know the answer to it.

Did I understand that correctly?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
tl;dr warning

so in the UT game

UT has a runner on first. Burke crushed one to right, hit it so hard that the RF was able to play it on one bounce and throw out the runner going to second.

I'm pretty sure the announcers said that if that happened in the Majors, that it would have been scored as a single.

I don't want to Google this, and I'm sure some of you all know the answer to it.

Force out in MLB

905 (b) (1)(b) The Official Scorer shall not credit a base hit when a:

(1) runner is forced out by a batted ball, or would have been forced out except for a fielding error

tl;dr warning

so in the UT game

I don't know how you would score it differently.

Reactions: GordonC
brings up a fun question (unless yall cheat by Google):

What are the 8 ways a batter can reach base

(Hint and freebie: all forms of a hit are just that, a hit. There are 7 other ways)

When I was deployed my company 1SG was bragging to the incoming unit’s commander that I knew my baseball. This question is how said commander tested me. Got them all right and he then trusted me to help get all his guys out to their operating bases

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back