Bin Laden believed to be dead in Pakistan!

Yeah, I'm sure everyone is worried about paying taxes after they die.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone is worried about paying taxes after they die.

I sure as heck am. I don't like the thought of working my whole life and saving after tax dollars only to have my kid get nailed for ANOTHER tax bill when I die.

If you all are that worried about it, you could always "off" yourself now..:rolleyes:

I sure as heck am. I don't like the thought of working my whole life and saving after tax dollars only to have my kid get nailed for ANOTHER tax bill when I die.

And it's amazing how the party in power is raking in record amounts of taxes. The only way they can pay the increasing debt off from increasing spending is to keep more and more of our money.

And it's amazing how the party in power is raking in record amounts of taxes. The only way they can pay the increasing debt off from increasing spending is to keep more and more of our money.

Where's my Supply Side handbook? :detective:

Apparently, the concept of leverage is lost on you...

I never knew supply side economics delved into tax policy and increasing the tax burden.

You learn something new every day.

It is a right / left tax thing.

Conservative economists using supply-side theory began advocating a flat tax system. Flat-tax systems based on value added tax have been proposed by liberal economists.

You learn something new every day.

It is a right / left tax thing.

Conservative economists using supply-side theory began advocating a flat tax system. Flat-tax systems based on value added tax have been proposed by liberal economists.

Now what does that have to do with increasing government spending and paying for it with record tax revenues? Sounds like if there is a record number of taxes collected that the taxing percentage is still too high. Now will those taxes be refunded or is that the scheme to pay for an ever-growing Federal government?

As long as our GDP is far outweighing our national debt, I have absolutely no problem with debt. Debt has apparently become a bad word over the past 20 years, yet most business professionals will tell you time and time again that large enterprises should always carry a large burden of debt. The concept is simple, borrow at a lower rate than the rate of return that you are getting on your investment. This applies as well to government as it does to any business entity. Good business sense is what happens when the White House is finally run by a businessman instead of a lawyer.

Now what does that have to do with increasing government spending and paying for it with record tax revenues? Sounds like if there is a record number of taxes collected that the taxing percentage is still too high. Now will those taxes be refunded or is that the scheme to pay for an ever-growing Federal government?

Now we are cooking......

The Laffer curve, popularized and promoted by economist Arthur Laffer, is used to illustrate the concept of Taxable income elasticity, the idea that government can maximize tax revenue by setting tax rates at an optimum point. The curve is primarily used by advocates who want government to reduce tax rates (such as those on capital gains) whenever it appears to exceed this "optimum" level.

The continuing debate over supply-side policies tends to focus on the massive federal and current account deficits that have accumulated in the U.S. since 1980, although the Laffer Curve only predicts revenue increases and has nothing to do with government spending.

YEAH CAPITALISM!

Now we can move on to WAR Production side of this equation....

So "no" to refunds? And that sure sounds like a cop-out for paying down an ever-increasing debt. Convenient cover to show the debt is being reduced. It's not due to reducing the size of government but increasing tax revenues. Sounds like good conservative values to me.

Keep in mind the Laffer curve philosophy focuses on revenues for the government. Why would you be promoting an idea that allows optimum revenues to be generated for the federal government? This has nothing to do with capitalism but only has to do with funding the government and in our current situation paying off debts from increasing government.

Everything I've ever read on this essentially equates to no need to control spending as long as you can keep generating revenue to offset huge debt. This follows closely in line with a neo-conservative way of thinking on the economics side.

VN Store

Back