Bleachers game by game predictions for Vols

Basically has us within 10 of every team except Oregon and Alabama. I think we will play both teams tougher and closer than 20 point blowouts. JMO though.

I think if Butch Jones is as good a coach as we think he is, IF we can get healthy and stay (relatively) healthy, AND if a little bit of luck will go our way (been a long time since it has!), 8-4 is definitely achievable.

That means winning ALL of the games we were favored in (or maybe slight underdogs in), and getting one upset win out of 5 games.

I know it's not typical UT standards, but I would be absolutely thrilled to go 8-4 and then WIN a bowl game!

GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
One of those teams, and I don't know which one, possibly Georgia, is going to lose one of those games against Tennessee they should win... And if there had been a competent coaching staff here the last 3 years, several teams would have lost games against Tennessee they ended up winning...

This is a completely different coaching staff, and I expect at least 1 upset that surprises the pundits...

Reactions: 2 people
Beats Saturdays Down South's prediction for us. They predicted 5-7 with a win over South Carolina and losses to Mizzou, Auburn and Vandy.. There ain't a snowballs chance in hell we lose all three of those games. If we are good enough to beat South Carolina, we should steamroll lowly Auburn and Vandy. Mizzou could be a tough road test. I still say we end up 7-5.

Our entire season depends on our swing games which are auburn, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Missouri. I don't believe we win all of them but 3 wins out of those 4 games would be excellent and make us bowl eligible

Reactions: 1 person
The only thing I am sure of is if you bet your money at the start of any season before any games have been played you're likely going to lose your shirt.

Beats Saturdays Down South's prediction for us. They predicted 5-7 with a win over South Carolina and losses to Mizzou, Auburn and Vandy.. There ain't a snowballs chance in hell we lose all three of those games. If we are good enough to beat South Carolina, we should steamroll lowly Auburn and Vandy. Mizzou could be a tough road test. I still say we end up 7-5.

No way this team goes 5-7. 6-6 at worse, and a bowl.

Our entire season depends on our swing games which are auburn, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Missouri. I don't believe we win all of them but 3 wins out of those 4 games would be excellent and make us bowl eligible

You can usually figure a split in the swing games. I don't think that UK is a swing game, and probably not Vandy either. Vols take them both, and split the other 2. So yeah 3 of the 4. 6-6. That's where it'll likely be. And a good job by Butch. Mizzou will be beaten up by the time UT goes there-----Vols win that one. Mizzou isn't nearly ready for the SEC. Maybe never.

We beat Georgia, the ducks game is much closer than expected...and that means we win that game. There is no way BAMA takes us by that much, that's last years team with a coach on a broken hip score.

VN Store

Back