Bobby Maze verbally commits to Tennessee

Do you? Well then I'd stfu. Because your preconceived notion seems to be he stays out of trouble.

No, I don't know him ... just giving the guy a chance before condemning him to prison (as you did in a recruiting forum post) before he's done anything wrong.

I can hear Chris Berman now.

Bobby I'm A "MAZE" ING throws an ally oop to
Scotty I GOT "HOPS SON"

These guys could be a dream for an ESPN analyst.

Do you write for Chris? Could you put in a good word for us over there at ESPN?:thumbsup:

there's been "thugs" on the team that have done some pretty bad things. this kid isn't going to make things any worse. at least he does something constructive and time consuming with his rap/video shoot career.

I haven't read the entire thread, but this article doesn't paint a flattering picture of him. Forgive me, if it's already been posted:

No more details were offered, and Maze could not be reached for comment. However, sources close to the program said that Maze's freshman season was marked by immaturity and poor decisions, and that pattern continued into the first weeks of OU's offseason.

As one source put it: "Bobby was given opportunities here, not just an opportunity."

Sources said Maze's problems were never legal and rarely academic. Rather, they reportedly involved practice habits and overall attitude.

Tulsa World: OU dismisses Maze from basketball team

I haven't read the entire thread, but this article doesn't paint a flattering picture of him. Forgive me, if it's already been posted:

Tulsa World: OU dismisses Maze from basketball team

While his attitude does concern me to a certain extent I would say he is well aware this will be his last chance. He is just one of many young athletes who have had bad attitudes and an overinflated sense of themselves. Time will tell but he is at the right place for his skills and he shouldn't want to mess that up.

I think you have to consider that while he has a little bit of a past, he has also had the opportunity to grow and learn from it. I seriously doubt Bruce would have brought the kid in if he thought he either A) he couldn't handle his attitude or B) he hadn't grown up some. Also, I would be more concerned if he left his past team for illicit substance abuse, which is apparently a problem around here.

While his attitude does concern me to a certain extent I would say he is well aware this will be his last chance. He is just one of many young athletes who have had bad attitudes and an overinflated sense of themselves. Time will tell but he is at the right place for his skills and he shouldn't want to mess that up.

He's very fortunate to get kicked off one team and ending up going to a better team. At this point I think we just have to trust Pearl's judgement on this.

VN Store

Back