Boom... We have a Tight End..(Vols land top portal TE)

Nope Staes was ranked number 1 and Joly number 2. Holden is more well rounded as a blocker and receiver. GBO
I got it from here

Diff services I guess

I think they backed away from him because they wanted a TE that was better equipped to block. He was a little light.

I remember when Heup was hired The VQ guys saying that this might be the perfect time for him to be head coach at Tennessee. They speculated that he may not be the best recruiter (I personally think he's doing a good job), but would likely excel in the transfer market when kids are able to see through BS a little bit better.

This kid committed to us over Georgia and Washington, and he canceled a visit to Oklahoma to stay here. Personally, I love what heup is doing. We're going to have the most veteran offensive line in college football next year. Seems like those who play for him love him

I think they backed away from him because they wanted a TE that was better equipped to block. He was a little light.
Yep, I read something like this a week or so ago and it said Joly's game VS UT was an outlier or his best game. He did finish with 56 catches. That a little over 4 catches a game on average and I think he had 8 vs UT. A good player IMO for G5 but more a wide receiver size and would get beat up playing SEC 8 game schedule and I'm not sure he could sustain blocks. I think the ACC probably a better fit for him at NC State. Its different when you are a massive under dog playing a P5 and they are basically going through the motions vs playing every week for your life on an SEC team. I think the fan base would have been disappointed with Joly..

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I remember when Heup was hired The VQ guys saying that this might be the perfect time for him to be head coach at Tennessee. They speculated that he may not be the best recruiter (I personally think he's doing a good job), but would likely excel in the transfer market when kids are able to see through BS a little bit better.

This kid committed to us over Georgia and Washington, and he canceled a visit to Oklahoma to stay here. Personally, I love what heup is doing. We're going to have the most veteran offensive line in college football next year. Seems like those who play for him love him

Need to emphasize this. We beat out Georgia.

On 3rd and 5-8, play action pass to RB and throw to TE over the middle or in flat (pass hits in stride).

Should be 2nd or 3rd check-down on all passing plays unless play called directly to TE.

There is no excuse for him not to get 2-3 touches a game.

VN Store

Back