Boston College vs. Florida State

This is why Heupel is so high on QBs and it is good TN is focusing in on that with NIL. A bad QB can set your program back drastically, even with talent around them.

JG really set us back for 5 years... (to be fair, JG was the best QB in that era, he just stunk as well so you can really say the lack of a good QB set Vols football back).

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Florida state is in complete and total disarray, no believes in them. I feel like I can say their season is over.

Or when someone claimed to be a Duke alum and avid hooper, but didn’t know where pickup basketball games were played on campus.

200w.gif

This is why Heupel is so high on QBs and it is good TN is focusing in on that with NIL. A bad QB can set your program back drastically, even with talent around them.

JG really set us back for 5 years... (to be fair, JG was the best QB in that era, he just stunk as well so you can really say the lack of a good QB set Vols football back).
I agree. I think most important for 95% of teams is not getting blinded by recruiting stars. You have to get players that fit your system, whatever system that is. Most teams aren't going to be UGA, OSU, or Bama in recruiting every year. But you can still build a good class and get that guys that fit and they will keep you, at worst 7-5, in your off years. I feel like Mullen was very good at this, but that wasn't satisfactory for UF fans.

Unfortunately, most teams go with the Butch Jones mind set of getting the stars and then figure out how they fit once they get to campus. It might work for a season or 2, but eventually you have too many square pegs to try and fit into found holes.

Hope DJ has invested in his education and got a reasonably lucrative degree.

From, (checks notes).....a couple of years at Clemson and cups of coffee at Oregon St and FSU?

I would be more worried about whether he has invested his NIL funds and not stocked up on the bling.

Not like he is beloved enough by either fanbase to even be given a job selling used cars out on the highway. People would just drive by and throw the garbage out of their car at him

I love looking at the ACC standings. There have only been 2 ACC vs ACC games this season.

GT & BC at the Top with one win each

14 other schools with no ACC wins or losses

FSU with 2 losses.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back