Boston College vs. Florida State

Well, just watched the replay. The biggest thing is the FSU defense had no answer for the BC qb or their RBs, Ward and Robichaux. Those are pretty darn good backs. The other thing I learned was Bill O’Brien is their new HC. He could do pretty well at BC.

Reactions: StarRaider
They did lose all those players that opted out of their bowl game last year, but they have been recruiting pretty well. This has surprised me a bit. Need to call my FSU buddy and get his take. This season is already interesting.
I think they’re in a similar position to us last year (i.e., transitional year between QBs) except DJU is much worse than Joe and/or their coaching staff isn’t very good at dealing with it.

This Brock guy their fans are clamoring for supposedly is really good, but he’s a year away and they weren’t planning on playing him this year (just like Nico last year) plus they are too portal dependent.

The portal is great for plugging holes in an otherwise good roster that is built mostly through good HS recruiting, not for refreshing your entire roster each year.

I think they’re in a similar position to us last year (i.e., transitional year between QBs) except DJU is much worse than Joe and/or their coaching staff isn’t very good at dealing with it.

This Brock guy their fans are clamoring for supposedly is really good, but he’s a year away and they weren’t planning on playing him this year (just like Nico last year) plus they are too portal dependent.

The portal is great for plugging holes in an otherwise good roster that is built mostly through good HS recruiting, not for refreshing your entire roster each year.
DJU was pretty bad but they lost that game as a team. Multiple wide open dropped passes. The vaunted defensive line was gashed all night. DJU missing that receiver for a TD was bad, but so was the rest of their team, for that game at least.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
DJU was pretty bad but they lost that game as a team. Multiple wide open dropped passes. The vaunted defensive line was gashed all night. DJU missing that receiver for a TD was bad, but so was the rest of their team, for that game at least.
I agree that the rest of the team was bad too, but so much of it keys off of their poor QB play.

They have trouble running the ball because defenses load the box against them, knowing that DJU can't make throws. Their offense stinks and turns the ball over, leaving their defense on the field all night, in bad positions, and worn out as the gets deep into the second half.

2024 FSU = 2017-2020 Tennessee

Reactions: 99grad
Moreover, the Seminoles have hit another low point, as they just became the third FBS team over the last 45 years to suffer consecutive straight-up losses as a double-digit favorite to begin a season, according to SportsCenter.

0-2 now FSU fans have something other than Burke's check swing to think about.
Q does FSU fold for the rest of the season? Probably lots of finger pointing going on in their locker room.

Memphis is going to beat them aren’t they? And then everyone is going to be on their nuts about giving them the 12 seed…

Funny thing, before the season this was circled as a big game for them to win to bolster their playoff hopes but if they lost it wasn't the end of the world for them. But now if they lose it, it's likley going to look bad.

Funny thing, before the season this was circled as a big game for them to win to bolster their playoff hopes but if they lost it wasn't the end of the world for them. But now if they lose it, it's likley going to look bad.
I don’t think anyone gave them a shot before the season, now I’m guessing everyone is saying that FSU needs to be very afraid.

This FSU fan “hunt” reminds me why I don’t live my life online. No offense to anyone, but social media is a wasteland.

A cautionary tale indeed, and a welcome diversion for my fan base.

Mods, please pin this thread at the top so we can easily track updates on PoopNole321.

A cautionary tale indeed, and a welcome diversion for my fan base.

Mods, please pin this thread at the top so we can easily track updates on PoopNole321.
You know, he could do like that movie, Me ,Myself and Irene, and do the diary queen soft chocolate in a solo cup and who's gonna know? Trick is to not say Yum after the first bite.

This FSU fan “hunt” reminds me why I don’t live my life online. No offense to anyone, but social media is a wasteland.

I agree. To me this is the same as in school when some smartass made some claim and then when they were wrong they didn't pay up. And people would dog them for it but that was about it. I get holding people to their word and all but people always talk crap and don't back it up; just laugh at them and move on.

VN Store

Back