Bottom line on winning the natty in 2024

I think you are not looking at our talent gaps. New QB incoming and must still fix the defense. I can foresee being lucky and getting into the playoffs but we are not going to win them next year.

If Nico pans out as expected and the defense is shored up, lets revisit this in 2025.
Exactly. 2025 and '26 are the seasons to target something really special happening, but as much as recruiting and solid portal acquisitions have to do with it, we also need to see the roots established in 2024. Meaning Nico showing he is the real deal, young guys stepping up in big roles on defense and the offensive skill positions, CJH improving as a game day coach in big games, and UT learning how to compete and win on the road. If we show flashes or more of these things in '24, the future here will be bright.

Oline & Dline will be near tops in the country.
Great skill players but need a WR to step up.
Nico will be elite

I like our chances especially getting into the 12 team playoff then get hot & win it all !
I used to look through those orange colored glasses every year when I was younger and see undefeated seasons and natty’s. Now I’m older and more boring and my mind looks at things realistically. Moral to this story, “I hate my mind” and I don’t see us winning a natty in 2024. lol

Exactly. 2025 and '26 are the seasons to target something really special happening, but as much as recruiting and solid portal acquisitions have to do with it, we also need to see the roots established in 2024. Meaning Nico showing he is the real deal, young guys stepping up in big roles on defense and the offensive skill positions, CJH improving as a game day coach in big games, and UT learning how to compete and win on the road. If we show flashes or more of these things in '24, the future here will be bright.
Next years recruiting class and the 2025 season will be defining moments for the Hype. His signing class must finish in the top 10 (minimum) and a playoff appearance is a must, otherwise we should resign ourselves to him just being mediocre.

Experienced lines. Far from "tops" in the SEC much less in the country
Skill players are somewhat unknown. Young, somewhat talented but unproven for the most part.
Nico has a lot of hype and potential, but he's got to prove it on the field. Hasn't done that yet.
I'll be happy with 8 wins next year. The idea of a "natty" next year is...well...ridiculous. No offense.
I would not say ridiculous, but a lot of peices would have to fall into place and some luck. Unlikely, but not ridiculous.

Probably a better chance of this than 10-2 like some are guessing. We’re replacing a lot on the defensive side of the ball and idk if it’s going to be the magic solution some are thinking. I’m thinking 8-4 next year but we’ll see. Almost have to beat Florida next year.

Reactions: EastTNVol423
Experienced depth is going to be a huge issue in most positions groups. And in some starting groups.

You don't go through an SEC schedule without getting into your depth.

Oline & Dline will be near tops in the country.
Great skill players but need a WR to step up.
Nico will be elite

I like our chances especially getting into the 12 team playoff then get hot & win it all !
If things bounce the right way we can be one of the top 4 teams in the SEC… but that would require an outstanding year. Given our lack of depth we can’t afford injuries and we have to hope that some of the unproven guys can step in a step up.

Also need breaks like 98,no team wins a Natty without something fortunate happening sometime in the year. Sometimes its a schedule were you dodge great teams by others knocking the one's off you don't match up with, sometimes its staying injury free while others lose key players also got a get at least your share of 50/50 calls. Those are just a few of many things of course you have to have the recruited roster to make it to the final 12 and hope all the variables fall into place. One thing we know for sure 1 of the 65 P5 or I guess the new P4 teams will win it all and the other 64 are not. Are they all losers, no I think getting to the final 12 will give the coaches a reprieve from the fahr the coach crowd. Then rinse and repat.
Every title winner has at least one Stoerner moment.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I think you are not looking at our talent gaps. New QB incoming and must still fix the defense. I can foresee being lucky and getting into the playoffs but we are not going to win them next year.

If Nico pans out as expected and the defense is shored up, lets revisit this in 2025.
Agreed, 2025 should be our year. I don't expect us to be any better than 9 - 3 next year. We'll be on the fringe depending on what everyone else does.

VN Store

Back