Bout sick of it.....

Gruuden

we are non competitive again, for the umpteenth year in a row. Its gettin old. And you got all these retarded Alabandwagon fans popping up everywhere sayin roll effin tide. I'm as loyal a UT fan as you will find, but I'm sick and tired of not having a snowballs chance in He** of winning. It's pathetic. I feel bad for the kids out there busting their butt in practice only to get smashed on gameday. I have a lot of faith in the players coming in next year, but doggone, we gonna have to take at least another year of beatdowns before we can compete. I hope the dang TITANS can compete against the texans today or Im gonna start throwing darts at myself.:crazy:

Cheer for another team.

If yesterday's result absolutely shocked you, that's really on you.

Reactions: 8 people
Relax. Sure it was a beatdown to the number 2 team in the nation but did anyone who wasn't drunk on moonshine expect a win? All but three teams from the SEC would've lost to a very talented Oregon squad. Not to mention that we didn't match up well with these guys at all.

The sky is not falling. We're all gonna make it brah

Reactions: 1 person
What shocks me is that we cant compete for 1 quarter of a 4 quarter game.

It was 10-7 at the end of the first quarter, if you want to get technical. You can't really be that surprised by what happened, can you?

Anyone who says they were shocked about yesterday's results obviously doesn't know where this program is or how it got to this point.

Reactions: 2 people
Cheer for another team.

If yesterday's result absolutely shocked you, that's really on you.

It did shock me that the beat down was as bad as it was. If you are a Tennessee fan and you was expecting a 45 point loss you need to re-evaluate your goals.

What made some think we could stop the most explosive offensive system in CFB over the last 5-10 years? That's an expectation problem.

tumblr_migz3hp3Zy1r14o17o1_500.gif

I don't think anyone really expected to "stop" them. But they expected to see a team play hard and let it all hang out. Butch preaches all this trusting your players type stuff but we have to punt 4th and A foot at midfield? makes no sense. We had no chance anyway. They would score from anywhere no matter where they got it.

Last edited:
The sad thing is im getting used to losing. There was a time when a loss would stick with me until the next game(1990 -2001). Today, I hope we get 6 wins. If they don't, there's always basketball season.

It did shock me that the beat down was as bad as it was. If you are a Tennessee fan and you was expecting a 45 point loss you need to re-evaluate your goals.

What people expected yesterday has nothing to do with their "goals" for the program. I fully expected us to get beat by 30+, we just are not a very good football team right now and the talent that we do have is young. That does not mean however that I expect things to stay like this, I expect improvement every year and by year 3 to be in the hunt for an SEC championship game appearance . If not, well then it is time to go find a new coach again unfortunately.

Anyone who says they were shocked about yesterday's results obviously doesn't know where this program is or how it got to this point.

I know how we got here we had Captain Smith as AD of the huge ship TENtantic. With Fulmer, Kiffin and Dooley hanging over bowl proclaiming they were king of the world. Not sure how that fat chick plays into all this.

Relax. Sure it was a beatdown to the number 2 team in the nation but did anyone who wasn't drunk on moonshine expect a win? All but three teams from the SEC would've lost to a very talented Oregon squad. Not to mention that we didn't match up well with these guys at all.

The sky is not falling. We're all gonna make it brah

I'd say all but 2 teams at the most, and maybe not even that.

What made some think we could stop the most explosive offensive system in CFB over the last 5-10 years? That's an expectation problem.

You expected Oregon to score 59 points in 3 quarters; seriously?

The team did play hard and the coaching staff can only do so much---It's actually laughable that anyone expected anything any different then what happened. We aren't an elite program but overreacting and crying about changing quarterbacks won't do a thing for this team. If we played this game 10 times in whatever venue it's safe to assume we would have lost 10 times. This is where this program is---the only thing that can be done is bury this game and move on. 1 game doesn't define a season or a coach. The only way I'll start doubting Butch is if we stop being competitive and start losing to lower tier teams and Butch somehow loses his mojo recruiting wise. It won't happen.

i am glad there is a thread showing that someone else is unhappy with us getting embarrassed on national television every game. i was worried it was just me. there was nothing surprising about this game. im not sure if we have a player that would start on their roster including except for maybe a couple players on our o-line

we are non competitive again, for the umpteenth year in a row. Its gettin old. And you got all these retarded Alabandwagon fans popping up everywhere sayin roll effin tide. I'm as loyal a UT fan as you will find, but I'm sick and tired of not having a snowballs chance in He** of winning. It's pathetic. I feel bad for the kids out there busting their butt in practice only to get smashed on gameday. I have a lot of faith in the players coming in next year, but doggone, we gonna have to take at least another year of beatdowns before we can compete. I hope the dang TITANS can compete against the texans today or Im gonna start throwing darts at myself.:crazy:

Just because we got manhandled by UO doesnt mean squat for the rest of the year. The real season starts in the swamp.

You expected Oregon to score 59 points in 3 quarters; seriously?

My "feeling optimistic and excited cause it's game day" prediction was 57-20, iirc.

I had the under on Oregon scoring 67.5, figuring they would call off the dogs. And, well...

VN Store

Back