Bowl Game Passing stats expectations for Nico

ZoeVol

Championship Time Again
What are your expectations for passing stats for Nico for Vols to win bowl game and “in your opinion“ for Nico to have a good game as a starting Freshman Quarterback?

I think he'll look pretty good in the run game, or at least I'm hoping he will. I'd say any more than 200 yards in the passing game (or as Butch used to say "the throw game") would be really special. No INTs and one TD.

Not super concerned about "quantity" of passing yardage necessarily but I guess if between his legs and his arm if he's responsible for about 250 would be nice. More importantly, quick decisions, and not holding on to the ball too long. Feel the pocket. That's about all I'd hope for. Oh yeah, don't get hurt.

I honestly think the kid is about to light it up.
I don't see the coaches opening the playbook to let him light it up. If he goes out there and lights up the top 5 D with the crap we've had to watch for the rest of the season it'll start a whole ****storm in the fanbase

35 of 40 for 400 yards. 4tds. 0 interceptions. Anything less would be epic letdown and lower the heisman expectations for next year.

What are your expectations for passing stats for Nico for Vols to win bowl game and “in your opinion“ for Nico to have a good game as a starting Freshman Quarterback?
I'm swinging big but I know it's gonna be a vanilla offense. 425+

Realistically probably 24-38 250 and 2 tds with a lot of extended plays… he will make plays with his legs in both the pass and run… I respect Iowa’s defense but Nico has that feel for the game that is very difficult to prep for he probably throws 1 int though he is still a young player and Iowa will make some plays on defense.

Reactions: Lars
Pretty conservative play calling. Minimum expectations=60% passing, 2TD, no more than 1 interception, 25 yards rushing and 24 points by the offense.

I'm not expecting alot in the passing game. 180 yards with a TD would probably be good for this maychup. I just don't think we have a good enough receiving corp right now and are going up against a top defense. Nico will have to make the biggest difference in this game by utilizing his legs and running for a few first downs.

Would be really impressed to get 250 total yards from him in both passing and running. Iowa, afterall, only allows an average of 275 total yards per game.

Reactions: lefthander

VN Store

Back