Bowl Game Passing stats expectations for Nico

I expect him to struggle a little bit. This is a tough first game for a QB. I would say somewhere around 50-60%, 150-220 yards, a TD or two and an INT. I could even stand 2 INTs.

He’s probably going to struggle for two reasons: 1) Iowa’s defense is pretty good; and 2) Tennessee traditionally doesn’t show up when big opportunities present themselves.

I’m hoping that we start a NEW tradition that leaves no. 2 in the dust. Nico is going to be a big deal for us in the future, but I really think that well come out flat and that our inexperience, especially at DB, is going to hire against a very experienced opponent.

With Iowa's defense and a true freshman making his first start at QB for UT, this is shaping up as either a very close game or potential
Vol loss. But it's the price that must be paid to get Nico some experience.

Nico stats from bowl game. Now what are your thoughts on his performance?

12 of 19 for 155 yards. 1 passing touchdown and three rushing touchdowns.
Zero interceptions! 51 yards rushing before subtracting sacks.

I would say impressive for a true freshman, but not Heisman trophy level yet, but he has Very high ceiling for sure. Managed the game very well. Ran through his progressions timely and didnt stare down receivers. The throw to Keyton should have been a touchdown. I look for good results next year and push for championships after that!

Nico stats from bowl game. Now what are your thoughts on his performance?

12 of 19 for 155 yards. 1 passing touchdown and three rushing touchdowns.
Zero interceptions! 51 yards rushing before subtracting sacks.

I would say impressive for a true freshman, but not Heisman trophy level yet, but he has Very high ceiling for sure. Managed the game very well. Ran through his progressions timely and didnt stare down receivers. The throw to Keyton should have been a touchdown. I look for good results next year and push for championships after that!
On a pass-by-pass basis, he was exceptional. Every pass he threw, when not under extreme pressure, was exactly where it should have been. His quickness avoiding tacklers was eye-popping. The ONLY fault I could assign was not throwing the ball away when he should have. If he throws the ball that well all of next season, he will be one of the leading Heisman candidates. He looked like a more accurate Jayden Daniels.

Reactions: Gandalf
I think he equals his career stats in this one game
5 rushes for 44 yards & 16 of 26 for 163 yards, this is fair for a True Freshman 1st start playing a Top Defense IMOView attachment 605888
Dang, man, you came pretty darn close to nailing it.

You said he would match his career to date: 16 of 26 (61.5%) for 163 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT.

He went 12 of 19 (63.2%) for 151 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT.

You said 5 rushes for 44 yards (again, matching his career stats to date).

Not counting sacks as rushes, he went something like 9 rushes for 51 yards.

Pretty close. Well called, KTrain.

VN Store

Back