Bowl Game Passing stats expectations for Nico

He is still throwing to a wide receiver corp that struggled to create separation in their route running. Unless that improves, i expect his numbers to 170-200.

I suppose there could be a speed difference that would allow our WRs to get open but will believe it when i see it.

With regard to the ground game; if his sxrambling ability is as advertised, he should do very well. However, i an going to be praying he slides EVERY time. It would be sickening to see him be injured and slow his progress for next year.

We are likely going to see freshmen mistakes and several Iowa blitzes.

I think it depends on the coaching and play calling.

I could see a 16/20 for 150 1td 0int

But could also envision a 28/42 300yards 2td 2int

I think he equals his career stats in this one game
5 rushes for 44 yards & 16 of 26 for 163 yards, this is fair for a True Freshman 1st start playing a Top Defense IMO1703943469958.png

Whether his stats are good or bad, what I'd like to see is no overreaction on here after the game. No matter what happens Monday, the ceiling is high for Nico.
You're dreaming. You know this fan base overreacts on everything--that's what we do. LOL. What's positive is negative, and negative is positive. Just try to enjoy the ride with the rest of us. Keep Nico safe!!!!

You're dreaming. You know this fan base overreacts on everything--that's what we do. LOL. What's positive is negative, and negative is positive. Just try to enjoy the ride with the rest of us. Keep Nico safe!!!
Lol, couldn't agree more. Here's to hoping we keep everyone safe. GO VOLS!!!

Whether his stats are good or bad, what I'd like to see is no overreaction on here after the game. No matter what happens Monday, the ceiling is high for Nico.
Yeah this is where I'm at too. I have very low expectations for him at this point. AND...the OLine/TE will determine how the play calling goes as well. I'd imagine we will try to establish the run game (probably be hard against this defense) and use a lot of screen/delay type action. I'd be surprised if we see Nico throw it a ton.

Nico will only be limited by what plays are being called. Hopefully, it will be fairly aggressive.

The sky is the limit for Nico!

Reactions: Ratvol
15-20 out of 25 to 30 for close to 200 yards. Many of those passes to rb's and wr's on screens and short outs and slants. To me the key to the game will be freshmen rb Cameron. i wonder how many of the TN wideouts will still be on the team come August. Nimrod, White Webb etc.

What are your expectations for passing stats for Nico for Vols to win bowl game and “in your opinion“ for Nico to have a good game as a starting Freshman Quarterback?
It all depends on how many “routes on air‘ have been successfully completed in bowl game practices. That seems to be a real difference maker you know…. GBO!

He'll get around 15-20 completions for around 200 yards, 60-70% completion with 2 passing TDs and a rushing TD. Pretty close to what the other QBs have averaged for Heupel.

Reactions: Lars and Ratvol

VN Store

Back