Breaking News Per Kns

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
From the Knoxville News Sentinel

Texas Tech coach Bob Knight has been contacted about the head basketball coaching opening at Tennessee and said he is "intrigued" about the position, a source within the UT athletic department said.

Well, well, well.....

Like I said in another thread - if Steve Spurrier can go to South Carolina . . . .

ahhhhhh yeahhhhhh!!!! The stars are starting to line up over big orange country!

Intrigued huh? At least he didn't say that he wasn't interested. I know some don't want BK here, but I would love it. How sweet would that be to have Fulmer, Summit and Knight? Come on down Bobby, you're the next contestant on the coach that's right! :good:

I hope we don't stoop to the level of Knight. Great coach BUT, his day is gone. Throw a chair, punch a cop, choke a player, get out the bull whip but just don't come to Knoxville. Thanks, All the best, Big Orange Country.

Attachments

• 229.jpg
    229.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 15, 2005 4:44 PM
Well, well, well.....

Like I said in another thread - if Steve Spurrier can go to South Carolina . . . .

South Carolina isn't at the bottom rung of football teams in the SEC. Tennessee is for basketball, though.

Man that would be great.

There is no reason for Tennessee to not be good at basketball, Bob Knight will change that.

Just the thought of Bob Knight and Pat Summitt coaching at the same University is unreal, that nearly 1700 wins combined!

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 15, 2005 9:03 PM
I hope we don't stoop to the level of Knight. Great coach BUT, his day is gone. Throw a chair, punch a cop, choke a player, get out the bull whip but just don't come to Knoxville. Thanks, All the best, Big Orange Country.

maybe you like to see a mediocre baketball team, but i dont :finger:

btw you dont represent 'big orange country'

Knight is in the twilight of his great but jaded career and by the time he turns around our mess it will be time for him to quit or die. So for the Big Orange Nation, choose more wisely than Knight. And by the way, I'll bet you all you have the "powers that be" NEVER, EVER hire RMK!!!

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 15, 2005 9:37 PM
Knight is in the twilight of his great but jaded career and by the time he turns around our mess it will be time for him to quit or die. So for the Big Orange Nation, choose more wisely than Knight. And by the way, I'll bet you all you have the "powers that be" NEVER, EVER hire RMK!!!

we only need someone to resurrect our program.......we wouldnt be looking for bobby knight to coach for 10+ years

Oh yeah, this Anderson jag-off from UAB is a protege of the "great" Nolan Richardson. Eliminate him on that note! Sounds like a great mentor there, :lol: :lol:. The Big Orange Nation sounds as if they will consider anyone. Dear God ,help our souls.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 15, 2005 9:46 PM
Oh yeah, this Anderson jag-off from UAB is a protege of the "great" Nolan Richardson. Eliminate him on that note! Sounds like a great mentor there, :lol: :lol:. The Big Orange Nation sounds as if they will consider anyone. Dear God ,help our souls.

who do you suggest then? some no-name stiff?

So you hire his ass and re-hire again in 5 years? Not! That is not even logical. Hire a younger, stable, fundamentally sound coach with NO baggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :withstupid: :beer:

Don't forget that BK has a son who could take over where pops leaves off... :thumbsup:

I've got to go with Don on this one. I like Bobby Knight, but hiring a 65 year old looking for one final pay day is not my idea of building a program.

. . . and after watching the Lou/Skip Holtz debacle, I'm not sure that would work either.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 15, 2005 9:49 PM
So you hire his ass and re-hire again in 5 years? Not! That is not even logical. Hire a younger, stable, fundamentally sound coach with NO baggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :withstupid: :beer:

Well who would u suggest?

Ever heard of Ray Mears out of Wittenberg? As I thought! :biteme: This established coach business is crap.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 15, 2005 9:57 PM
Ever heard of Ray Mears out of Wittenberg? As I thought! :biteme: This established coach business is crap.

yeah its really dumb hiring coaches that have already proved that they can WIN

you make no sense

Our budget cannot compete with Texas, ND, North Carolina and the likes of the "experianced" coaches you want. Plus UT is no basketball haven. If you can't see that I understand why you would hire RMK. :banghead: And those coaches aren't coming to "football" country and lose that battle for exposure. Wake up!

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Mar 15, 2005 10:02 PM
Our budget cannot compete with Texas and the likes of the "experianced" coaches you want.

I beg to differ.....

The head football trainer at Texas, graduate and formerly trainer at UT, is a dear friend of mine. He says their facilities there make ours look like a high school. And factually their budget is far higher than ours in Every sport.

So what if our budget isn't bigger than Texas. Who cares about that? We have enough money to go out and get a good coach. That is all that matters, what does Texas' funds have to do with anything?

Tennessee is going to build a new practice facility soon for the basketball programs. Have you ever known them to build anything small and worthless?

VN Store

Back