Breakout Vol this year

Breakout Vol this year

Whew! When I read this thread title I thought it implied which ex Vol is gonna have a prison break this year.

Why the expectations for Smith? He's been in the lineup for 3 seasons. I can't think of another player who's played as much who made marked improvement his senior season. Maybe Crompton, but QB is way different from DE.

Croom if healthy.

Is it just me, or is it incredibly hard to pick just one?

Agree completely. We definitely have players that have the capability to be outstanding. We MUST have a breakout year. To keep this excellent recruiting going we have got to prove ourselves on the feel. WE WILL DO THIS , THIS YEAR.

We have a talented team with a strong defense that was poorly coached 2011, the only issue in the last few years is players would not play hard for the coaches. Texas A & M is in the same position with JFootball, Sumlin will not bench him and it will ruin the season.

That being said I think the players will play extremely hard for CBJ, and will exceed the projected 6-6.

The break out players for me is

Because the line will bring pressure: Byron Moore and Justin Coleman

Because we will see a fast pace control Offense: Pig Howard and as a group AH, RN and ML

I think Devrin Young will have a huge season. Not only will he be a major contributer on special teams, but him being in the slot in this offense favors his skillset imo.

I think LaDarrell McNeil showed a lot of potential last year and could really show out this year.

Really hard to pick anyone on offense, but if I had to I'd say Croom. I'm really rooting for Bowles to have a good year too. If one of our QBs (Worley) decides to have a breakout year, then this will be one fun season.

I may get crucified for this pick but I do believe that Palardy...yes I said Palardy.. will have a great senior season and actually win us 1 or 2 games with his leg.

Reactions: 1 person
This is ridiculously hard.

I mean every single player is poised to break out. That's what happens when you get rid of a terrible coaching staff, you bring a staff in that knows what they are doing and they bring a style of play suited to the roster.

It's a new day in Knoxville, it's anybody's season.

The entire team will have a breakout year.

1. Better scheme on off. and def.
2. Better execution.
3. Better coaching. (including in-game adjustments)

Confidence in the game plan will help our team play faster and harder. Can't wait for the season to begin. :crossfingers:

Texas A & M is in the same position with JFootball, Sumlin will not bench him and it will ruin the season

I'm sorry.. What?

Johnny Football = Our defense last year?

Why would Sumlin have trouble getting Johnny to play hard? Aside from the normal reasons why someone on a team with a chance to compete for a championship would play hard, Johnny faces the very real challenge of proving he can play in the NFL.

He has 1-3 more seasons to prove that, and if he really is unhappy at TAMU, then I would assume he would rather prove it now rather than later.

Offensive-- pig Howard & Alden hill
Defensive-- ladarrell McNeill & Cory vereen
Special teams-- hopefully paralady & darr or whoever kicks & punts

I hope it's exactly 2 players...

1.) Dan McCullers

2.) Whoever the starting QB is.

If we have breakout seasons from these 2 it's going to be a special year!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back