Brett Favre - Nancy New - Phil Bryant Welfare Scandal

So, many of you were mad as hell a few weeks ago about people getting $10k in student loan relief, yet nobody points the fingers at these colleges for the part they played in runaway tuition costs. This is just an example of that corruption.
If course it's a problem..... Who's going to fix it..... And how?

Certainly not Democrats, Republicans have been targeting universities across the country for years but have done nothing.

I guess the answer is more of the same.

I can kind of see a path for him to have plausible deniability, but it would take a very good lawyer to explain away the text messages.

Yeah, they scoured over the evidence the last few weeks to try to figure out what he could get away with denying and now he breaks his silence.

Reactions: SamRebel35
Long live capitalism and the reign of Republiars.
Got nothing against Republicans, but the Republiars are a parasitic infection.

Long live capitalism and the reign of Republiars.
Got nothing against Republicans, but the Republiars are a parasitic infection.

Huh? This scandal siphoned welfare $ off to pay for a state school's pet project. What on earth does it have to do with capitalism? It's a knock on government being a player in the market, if anything.

Huh? This scandal siphoned welfare $ off to pay for a state school's pet project. What on earth does it have to do with capitalism? It's a knock on government being a player in the market, if anything.
Who watches the Watchmen?

Who watches the Watchmen?

So weird. I literally just posted a link to a podcast episode basically with that title

This episode is pretty interesting about the Stop the Steal movement in Arizona, regardless of how you feel about it. It probably works to get MAGA heads in PC positions in red states, but in AZ, it's going to make it easier for Dems to win. 1/3 of our voters are independent and while this movement makes it easy for somebody like Kari Lake to win the nomination, she might end up losing. Lake has tons of name recognition and her opponent Hobbs is not a good candidate in an election where D's should expect to get slaughtered nationally. This shouldn't be close and it is.

Watching the Watchers - This American Life

One of the underlying realities of capitalism is greed. My pot doesn't mean I'm anti-capitalism. As a matter of fact, I'm not anticommunism (unrelated to the pseudo-political definition of the term) either. Not monarchies. All human economic and governing systems end up being victims or human abuse. So what is my post really about? It's about folks who defend capitalism with an infallible religious-like perception, while ignoring that it does have defects. Well, actually, ideologically, it does not have defects, it's how people manipulate it that is the problem. So I needle the hypocritical fanatics. Those are my principles, if you don't like them, I have others, not that I actually care. :cool:

One of the underlying realities of capitalism is greed. My pot doesn't mean I'm anti-capitalism. As a matter of fact, I'm not anticommunism (unrelated to the pseudo-political definition of the term) either. Not monarchies. All human economic and governing systems end up being victims or human abuse. So what is my post really about? It's about folks who defend capitalism with an infallible religious-like perception, while ignoring that it does have defects. Well, actually, ideologically, it does not have defects, it's how people manipulate it that is the problem. So I needle the hypocritical fanatics. Those are my principles, if you don't like them, I have others, not that I actually care. :cool:

Greed exists in any system. That's the reality. These events have literally nothing to do with capitalism and very few people who support capitalism think that it is perfect. It takes the most unbelievable stretching of the imagination to say we had bad state actors who were greedy so let's fault capitalism. It's quite ridiculous.

Reactions: volfanhill
Your OP didnt have anything to do with this.

The greediest bastards are the government (politicians).

Capitalism allowed the government to collect $5 million dollars in taxes earmarked for welfare.

Government diverted (stole) the funds to build a volleyball center.

Woodmansvol- capitalism is evil and greedy. The government should control everything.

Greed exists in any system. That's the reality. These events have literally nothing to do with capitalism and very few people who support capitalism think that it is perfect. It takes the most unbelievable stretching of the imagination to say we had bad state actors who were greedy so let's fault capitalism. It's quite ridiculous.

Nice. I expressed my opinion, you expressed your opinion. Anything else?

The greediest bastards are the government (politicians).

Capitalism allowed the government to collect $5 million dollars in taxes earmarked for welfare.

Government diverted (stole) the funds to build a volleyball center.

Woodmansvol- capitalism is evil and greedy. The government should control everything.

WoodsmanVol didn't call capitalism evil, your twisted lying did that. I'm not even anti-capitalism. I just enjoy needling folks who like religious cults who jump at the defense of it is even hinted that it has a role in something undesired. By the look up the real history of the term redneck to see how capitalism greed in very much part of that. Same thing if you study the history of the formation of unions. Oh, nevermind, trapdoor minded folks like you can't think impartially.

WoodsmanVol didn't call capitalism evil, your twisted lying did that. I'm not even anti-capitalism. I just enjoy needling folks who like religious cults who jump at the defense of it is even hinted that it has a role in something undesired. By the look up the real history of the term redneck to see how capitalism greed in very much part of that. Same thing if you study the history of the formation of unions. Oh, nevermind, trapdoor minded folks like you can't think impartially.

Based off history, a significant portion of the push for the formation of labor unions was to keep jobs among non-immigrant, white Americans...but oh, that greedy capitalism, am I right?

1665671521232.png

VN Store

Back