British Open 2018

2 years is 8 more chances

Golfers are significantly better today than in Jacks 40s because of tiger. He’s a victim of his own success and he isn’t done.

I agree that he's not done. Just think he has to do a little more.

I just think whenever you get to the longevity debate it’s very skewered....

Assuming you accept Tiger's window closed, here are some numbers on Majors excluding Jack's late career win:

Major Wins
Jack - 17
Tiger - 14

Steak of Top 10's in Majors
Jack - 24 straight years
Tiger - 17 straight years

Top 10's in Majors
Jack - 31 of 33 in the top 10 (11th and 13th in the 2 where he wasn't top 10)
Tiger - 21 of 33 in the top 10 during his best window

Assuming you accept Tiger's window closed, here are some numbers on Majors excluding Jack's late career win:

Major Wins
Jack - 17
Tiger - 14

Steak of Top 10's in Majors
Jack - 24 straight years
Tiger - 17 straight years

Top 10's in Majors
Jack - 31 of 33 in the top 10 (11th and 13th in the 2 where he wasn't top 10)
Tiger - 21 of 33 in the top 10 during his best window
Yea woods came in 11 years... how long did it take jack

Phelps sure. Serena is in the conversation, not clear cut dominance. This is also a golf thread. Thanks

Golf thread sure... Technology that Tiger had was/is head and shoulders over what Jack had. Tiger and Jack are clear top 2 but the edge goes to Jack.

Golf thread sure... Technology that Tiger had was/is head and shoulders over what Jack had. Tiger and Jack are clear top 2 but the edge goes to Jack.

The same technology exists for all his opponents. I don’t understand your point unless Tiger is a secret scientist/physicist.

The same technology exists for all his opponents. I don’t understand your point unless Tiger is a secret scientist/physicist.

As technology gets better so do golfers. So does training and coaching so on. Main reason why there are so many young guns. Tiger was better than anyone in the late 90s and 00s. He and Phil had their duels but Tiger was better. Thanks to technology, training, so on, the field has caught up.

The better "era" argument is on the top competition. Jack had a few peers that won 6 or more Majors that he played head to head - Arnold, Watson, Player, Trevino. Tiger had Phil (5 Majors not 6 or more), but they never really went head to head on any Major.

Funny to hear Johnny Miller have to reference the Miller Bunker on 18.

VN Store

Back