Buckhead wants out of Atlanta

PS: I lived in Buckhead before it was cool. On North Fulton Avenue, across from the library. When it was really a library and not a gay bar.

Homeless man, 23, is indicted for Murder of grandmother, 77, in Buckhead - as Atlanta's wealthy enclave moves closer to seceding from crime-ridden city

A homeless Georgia man accused of stabbing a grandmother to death at her home in one of Atlanta's wealthiest suburbs was indicted for murder last week.

Antonio Brown, 23, was charged with 12 counts spanning from murder to armed robbery after the death of Eleanor Bowles in the suburb of Buckhead.

68230727-11809175-Antonio_Brown_23_was_indicted_for_the_murder_of_Eleanor_Bowles_a-a-44_1677707535952.jpg

Antonio Brown, 23, was indicted for the murder of Eleanor Bowles at her Atlanta home

65521349-11809175-Bowles_77_was_found_stabbed_to_death_in_her_garage_by_her_son_Mi-a-45_1677707535954.jpg

Bowles, 77, was found stabbed to death in her garage by her son Michael in December

Homeless Atlanta man indicted for murder of grandmother | Daily Mail Online

Homeless man, 23, is indicted for Murder of grandmother, 77, in Buckhead - as Atlanta's wealthy enclave moves closer to seceding from crime-ridden city

A homeless Georgia man accused of stabbing a grandmother to death at her home in one of Atlanta's wealthiest suburbs was indicted for murder last week.

Antonio Brown, 23, was charged with 12 counts spanning from murder to armed robbery after the death of Eleanor Bowles in the suburb of Buckhead.

68230727-11809175-Antonio_Brown_23_was_indicted_for_the_murder_of_Eleanor_Bowles_a-a-44_1677707535952.jpg

Antonio Brown, 23, was indicted for the murder of Eleanor Bowles at her Atlanta home

65521349-11809175-Bowles_77_was_found_stabbed_to_death_in_her_garage_by_her_son_Mi-a-45_1677707535954.jpg

Bowles, 77, was found stabbed to death in her garage by her son Michael in December

Homeless Atlanta man indicted for murder of grandmother | Daily Mail Online
Buckhead will never be allowed to splinter off. It's a silly discussion

Reactions: jp1
One of my best friends lives in Brookhaven, right next door to Buckhead. It became Brookhaven Incorporated after having been DeKalb County Unincorporated forever. That police force doesn't play, especially with criminals transiting the area from right next door. Residents have been much more satisfied with policing and policy. I hope Buckhead has some success.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Maybe it's because I'm from the country but the whole metro Atlanta area runs together and I'm not sure anybody knows what "town" they're in at any given time. I had a meeting there and the facility was in Atlanta, but my hotel 30 yards away was in Tucker. I think we saw some of this confusion when the whole area was shut down by 1/10 of an inch of ice and nobody knew who was responsible for which road.

Again, I'm from a rural area so maybe someone can explain to me how Atlanta is in Fulton Country, Truist Park is in Atlanta but also in Cobb County?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Buckhead will never be allowed to splinter off. It's a silly discussion

Mehhhh. I remember when they said Johns Creek would never be allowed to incorporate. Now Milton and SS have followed suit and Brookhaven finally rid itself of Dekalb. These people probably have the money and political clout to get what they want.

Maybe it's because I'm from the country but the whole metro Atlanta area runs together and I'm not sure anybody knows what "town" they're in at any given time. I had a meeting there and the facility was in Atlanta, but my hotel 30 yards away was in Tucker. I think we saw some of this confusion when the whole area was shut down by 1/10 of an inch of ice and nobody knew who was responsible for which road.

Again, I'm from a rural area so maybe someone can explain to me how Atlanta is in Fulton Country, Truist Park is in Atlanta but also in Cobb County?

There is a small sliver of Cobb County that has an Atlanta zip code. It’s off Paces Ferrry Rd in between Home Depot Corporate and Cumberland.

I think the city sits where 3/4 counties merge. Is been an issue with policing and first response for decades. Recent policies have made that problem much worse recently.

Do the Cop City vandals have anything to do with the Buckhead dispute?

I've Been teying keeping up with this,. It will be interesting if it passes. Alot of money would leave the city.

I think the city sits where 3/4 counties merge. Is been an issue with policing and first response for decades. Recent policies have made that problem much worse recently.

Yeah you got Fulton, Dekalb, and Cobb that cause issues in how ATL is divided and serviced with repsonse groups, and a slew of others things. And Fulton is a long county from SW to NE, so you can be paying to live in Fulton, but be almost as far from downtown as P'tree City.

VN Store

Back