Bush League.

We are winning 71-0 (I know its Kent st.) and someone had to find something to complain about.

About to say the same thing.......Nico looks as advertised, 3-0, trenches are ridiculous, D hasn't given up a TD......and we got something to complain about......not sure why I'm surprised, yet here I am.

Can we please stop the PA “It’s thhhiiiirrrrrrdd down” garbage ?

It sounds like the freakin’ South Carolina gamecocks.

It’s bush league, and frankly embarrassing.

Sure wish one of you fine gents would get on the horn with DW and make this end.

I mean, like our fans don’t know it’s third down.

Just horrible.
Would you rather us play 3rd down for what everytime?

Sure wish one of you fine gents would get on the horn with DW and make this end.

Just horrible.
I agree, not as bad as “third” down for what, but close

Just horrible.
Bro basically everyone does it. Chill.

I've heard the "TTThhhhiiiirrrrdddd down thing on some other games. Might be canned and you'll hear it in announcerless games broadcast by ESPN as an alternate broadcast. Noticed a couple of games like that yesterday.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I have been attending games in Neyland since ‘99 and I’m pretty sure third down has been announced in some dragged out variant for a long time, my favorite was playing South Carolina when Bobby Denton was the announcer. His words were “It’s thiirrrd and in the river.”

Reactions: Godfatha

Just horrible.

Tennessee needs to keep the fan base ENGAGED during the games.

Pretty much every team has some form of PA announcer driven "It's 3rd down on defense get loud to rattle the other team" activity. They even had an announcement about third down when i was in the Pride during the 80's. Seems to be an odd thing to complain about when your team is playing destroying the team they are against. It is because you heard it on every single drive Kent State had? At least it wasn't some complaint about how bad one player was.

I remember when cheer squads were there to hype the crowd up. You can't even tell what they are doing or saying anymore. I have my childhood memories of the stadium, but I don't enjoy being there anymore. I loved the noise of stomping and screaming instead of the PA. That doesn't make me right or wrong. The ones calling people a Nancy in here have probably never been punched in the mouth the way society has changed. I will always have more hate for the woo though and take your poo bag and get off my lawn. The kids can play.

Just horrible.
Even my 11 year old son was like “do they have to keep saying that every time”lol. It does get annoying.

Reactions: ptcarter
I have been attending games in Neyland since ‘99 and I’m pretty sure third down has been announced in some dragged out variant for a long time, my favorite was playing South Carolina when Bobby Denton was the announcer. His words were “It’s thiirrrd and in the river.”
How about, "It's thirrrrd dowwn, by the RIVER!" 😳

Just horrible.
When we are up 60 in the second half, it's kind of unnecessary....while we are asking DW for favors, can he take away Garth between 3rd and 4th quarters? No ties to TN, we could put Kenny Chesney or Morgan Wallen, as a sing a long, at least they both love TN....

Just horrible.
I feel the same but fot some reason it seems every single stadium announcer does it now. Listen to pretty much any radio broadcast and in the background you will hear it.

VN Store

Back