Bush League.

Something like that, all I remember was it was Lou Holtz last season coaching them and there was a third down with a a long long way from the chains and Denton announced it that way.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was making a suggestion. Imagine "It's thirrd dowwn, by the RIVER!" blaring from the PA in Chris Farley's voice....

It would be EPIC... 🤣

Can we please stop the PA “It’s thhhiiiirrrrrrdd down” garbage ?

It sounds like the freakin’ South Carolina gamecocks.

It’s bush league, and frankly embarrassing.

Sure wish one of you fine gents would get on the horn with DW and make this end.

I mean, like our fans don’t know it’s third down.

Just horrible.
Yeah, it's annoying, and it got old real fast.
I've heard the "TTThhhhiiiirrrrdddd down thing on some other games. Might be canned and you'll hear it in announcerless games broadcast by ESPN as an alternate broadcast. Noticed a couple of games like that yesterday.
It sounds identical each time, so I figured it's a recording. Yeah, I could swear I heard it in the background of other games, too.

Something like that, all I remember was it was Lou Holtz last season coaching them and there was a third down with a a long long way from the chains and Denton announced it that way.

I was there - it was “third down and 25,” then a penalty, and “third down and thirty,” then another holding or something, “and it’s third down and forty,” then a motion penalty or etc and then he said, “and it’s third down and the RIVER”
It was great - the best thing I’ve ever heard in the stadium …but that’s totally different -

I was there - it was “third down and 25,” then a penalty, and “third down and thirty,” then another holding or something, “and it’s third down and forty,” then a motion penalty or etc and then he said, “and it’s third down and the RIVER”
It was great - the best thing I’ve ever heard in the stadium …but that’s totally different -
Thank you for filling in the details I couldn’t remember exactly, it was one of my fond memories of going to the games with my dad when I was younger! We attended so many together and is what influenced the reason I love the Vols.

Can we please stop the PA “It’s thhhiiiirrrrrrdd down” garbage ?

It sounds like the freakin’ South Carolina gamecocks.

It’s bush league, and frankly embarrassing.

Sure wish one of you fine gents would get on the horn with DW and make this end.

I mean, like our fans don’t know it’s third down.

Just horrible.
Third down for what!? ;)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy we have a pretty good team now, but this thread really makes you miss the days where we had real things to complain about and these clowns didn’t exist yet.

Took my kids to the game and they love the 3rd down announcement. It’s their cue to cut loose.

I never gave it any thought until this thread. 🤷‍♂️

I get what you're saying. Have you looked around you at sporting events lately. People spend so much time on their phones they miss plays constantly. At least the 3rd down might get some of them to look up and get involved.
\People are stone cold stupid these days. Go to a football game and constantly look at their phones. Go to a Restaurant (with family or a Date/Wife) constantly look at their phones. Some of them can't even play a Slot Machine without looking at their phones. Drive a car, Train/ Charter bus/Semi Truck ----------Phone. Stone cold Idiots

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol

VN Store

Back