Butch gettin shout outs from Mort on ESPN

When doesn't ALA get a hand job hell their promotion of AlA over the last few yrs has been disgustingly over the top. But, Hey, one can't fault their record or records I should say.

Yeh Bama is a good program and has earned their high praise unlike some other schools , Notre DAME, we're talking about you.

Reactions: 1 person
Yo grad ! Love your avatar/picture. Where were you at? Thanks for your service!:rock:

Thanks! I was actually in Pakistan and Afghanistan both after 9/11, but to tell the truth I'm NOT in that picture lol. But the ones with me don't show the flag and I wanted them both in there haha. But thanks for the kind words

Jones must have coached the SH^T out him his Freshman year!

No...he doesn't deserve one ounce of credit...everybody issue disclaimers....#butchdoesntgetit
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nb4 OskieVolum says Dooley wasn't given enough time to spot and recruit a #1 pick.....

I was lax on Oskiewatch tonight KB...thanks for picking up the slack
Posted via VolNation Mobile

im not a big fan of mort, but he has always seem to say good things about UT and its players

Projecting OTs is a tricky business - CBSSports.com

This link talks a lot about Coach Jones recruiting Fisher.

That was a good read and I think Jones' experience at a CMU type school will help. Although, now that he's at UT he realizes it's a different ballgame. Interesting last paragraph:

Jones concedes that now that he's at UT he might be "less likely" to project, but adds that the great programs that can sustain success have to have the ability to project players, and "we feel like it's easier to ask them to put weight on rather than to try and get them to take it off.

Before I read that paragraph I was thinking about this. This place would go into meltdown mode if Jones signed a 2* "project" player.

VN Store

Back