Butch Jones Follies

RTE

Arkansas State now 1-4 after Georgia Southern laid 59 points on them today. Ark St has allowed their 4 FBS opponents 50.5 point per game, while holding FCS Central Arkansas to 21. Upcoming games include 5-0 Coastal Carolina (next week), 4-1 Appalachian State, 4-1 Louisiana. Oh, my.

Success will come, brick by brick.

Last edited:
He had losing records his first year at Cincy and Tennessee. Plus some of Arkansas State's losses have been close. His team will be better next year.

Plus Butch isn't here any more. Can we just let it go and focus on the team and head coach we have now?
Hard to forget a disastrous train wreck that wasn’t our fault but paid $$$ dearly for. Plus the train conductor goes to the other side and mocks us relentlessly. Hard to just move on.

Hard to forget a disastrous train wreck that wasn’t our fault but paid $$$ dearly for. Plus the train conductor goes to the other side and mocks us relentlessly. Hard to just move on.
This, this is his. He’s earned this. Smoke and mirrors is a tougher act in Jonesboro.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Arkansas State now 1-4 after Georgia Southern laid 59 points on them today. Ark St has allowed their 4 FBS opponents 50.5 point per game, while holding FCS Central Arkansas to 21. Upcoming games include 5-0 Coastal Carolina (next week), 4-1 Appalachian State, 4-1 Louisiana. Oh, my.

Success will come, brick by brick.
Can’t think of anyone I’d rather it happen to!

Arkansas State now 1-4 after Georgia Southern laid 59 points on them today. Ark St has allowed their 4 FBS opponents 50.5 point per game, while holding FCS Central Arkansas to 21. Upcoming games include 5-0 Coastal Carolina (next week), 4-1 Appalachian State, 4-1 Louisiana. Oh, my. Success will come, brick by brick.

For you gloaters and haters, I have a special announcement:
1633261955633.jpeg

He was a train wreck fo' sho'. However and his record both years should have been better, but he posted back to back 9 win seasons for the Vols in spite of his poor coaching. When's the last time you saw that? I'll hang up and listen.

He was a train wreck fo' sho'. However and his record both years should have been better, but he posted back to back 9 win seasons for the Vols in spite of his poor coaching. When's the last time you saw that? I'll hang up and listen.
We won 9 games because of Dobbs’ ability to lead, not Butch. There were countless games that Josh saved Jones from himself and won the game for us. Without Dobbs, those teams win 5-6 games maybe.

Georgia Southern was apparently so bad that they fired their coach last week. Not a good look for ol’ brick layer

Reactions: TJVol95

He was handed what should have been 11 win seasons, had roster full of NFL talent to achieve it with, and ended up getting blown out by Vanderbilt. When’s the last time you saw that?

We won 9 games because of Dobbs’ ability to lead, not Butch. There were countless games that Josh saved Jones from himself and won the game for us. Without Dobbs, those teams win 5-6 games maybe.
One SEC win without Dobbs. One. And that single win was in year one and had a lot to do with some bad decisions by an aging Spurrier. Despite the clear indications that Dobbs was what made the offense work, he tried his best to keep Dobbs at third string and then recruited QBs with skill sets nothing like his.

He took over when UT was primed to gain a ton of talent and enter a damn golden age, but instead we split with Vanderbilt. He’s a complete fool whose career advancement had a lot more to do with sucking up or outright lying than it did with his actual abilities.

The bashing from our fan base toward Butch stems directly from his behavior after he left. He showed his true self, being an *******, especially toward his former players. He deserves every bashing that he receives. I hope that he fails miserably.

The bashing from our fan base toward Butch stems directly from his behavior after he left. He showed his true self, being an *******, especially toward his former players. He deserves every bashing that he receives. I hope that he fails miserably.

I get it. You're saying Vols fans should stoop to Lyle's level rather than above it.

Reactions: volfanbill
For you gloaters and haters, I have a special announcement:
View attachment 399195
You're not (neither are the other a**hats defending him) a better person or "classy" by trying to move the topic of him.

He opened himself up to the ridicule and was paid nicely for it.

You don't like it, the start a club or butch bootlickers and move tf on.
Noone is trying to stop you from defending him - just encouraging you to do it over there

Why are you trying to stop people from seeing him for what he is?

VN Store

Back