Butch Jones Follies

He had losing records his first year at Cincy and Tennessee. Plus some of Arkansas State's losses have been close. His team will be better next year.

Plus Butch isn't here any more. Can we just let it go and focus on the team and head coach we have now?
No...we're multi-taskers.

Reactions: Alto1
Are you saying Dooley and Pruitt should never celebrate a win if they are part of a team in the future that Tennessee considers a rival? That’s pretty dumb

Where did I bring up Pruitt or Dooley?

Dooley nor Pruitt hasn’t done anything remotely close to this.

Butch showed his ass in Neyland stadium because he couldn’t beat Bama with his own team and players.

It’s disrespectful no matter how hard you try to justify his actions.

Where did I bring up Pruitt or Dooley?

Dooley nor Pruitt hasn’t done anything remotely close to this.

Butch showed his ass in Neyland stadium because he couldn’t beat Bama with his own team and players.

It’s disrespectful no matter how hard you try to justify his actions.

Come on VFJ, you’re a good poster. You don’t have to like the guy, but disrespectful? You being way too butthurt over this

I think it was Butch Jones having a moment being a part of a national championship team….I think
He’s a guy that kept a back pocket list of reporters that said negative stuff about him. He enjoyed the absolute hell out of that. I’m amazed anyone could think otherwise.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Butch 100% doesn’t care about the players. That’s one area where Pruitt was actually far superior. He was 100% about bringing attention to himself. Was always the first to be there to get his high five after a TD to make sure he was on TV. Squeezed Josh Dobbs out of his own damn senior picture.

Reactions: T_Vol376
He’s a guy that kept a back pocket list of reporters that said negative stuff about him. He enjoyed the absolute hell out of that. I’m amazed anyone could think otherwise.

Were you one of those reporters? If not, why does that bother you so much now?

Were you one of those reporters? If not, why does that bother you so much now?
It speaks to his character. He’s petty and vindictive. Look at what people said about him after he left Cincinnati. Pretty familiar stuff. Nobody around UT’s program has a nice thing to say about him, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back