Butch Jones in ESPNs top In_Game Coaches

Agree, and I didn't say it did. It was just an odd game looking back. The talent disparity wasn't big enough to account for a 20 point loss.

When the talent disparity is a gross between matching positions, it does. i.e. Perhaps the sickest QB/WR tandems in the SEC against an inferior mid-major defensive secondary... Football is all about finding mismatches and exploiting them. Finding and exploiting that mismatch was child's play. I would say that keeping it that close was a coaching job in itself.

I will say this...

Dooley isn't/wasn't a bad coach, he just had some really REALLY bad luck his first two years. And his third he was stuck with Sal the worst DC in the history of football.

Hunter/Bray getting hurt
Randolph(2nd best player on the defense) IMO getting hurt
Rogers and jackson getting kicked off the team
Lathers getting hurt
Having the worst DC in the history of football in 2012
12 men on the field(which is his asst. fault)
^ btw Alabama had 2 of those calls in one of their games 3 years ago.

Etc etc

But we have CBJ now and I'm happy

He did not get it, at all!

I will say this...

Dooley isn't/wasn't a bad coach, he just had some really REALLY bad luck his first two years. And his third he was stuck with Sal the worst DC in the history of football.

Hunter/Bray getting hurt
Lathers getting hurt

Etc etc

I am fully confident that Dooley might go down as the worst coach in the last 25 years of SEC fball.

So what happened in 2011 when Dooley cleaned his clock? I can't figure that game out in retrospect.

For once in his life, Dooley got lucky and the ball literally bounced the right way when Palardy recovered the onside kick. That play changed the momentum and we never looked back. Before the onside kick, CBJ was in control.

I will say this...

Hunter/Bray getting hurt
Lathers getting hurt

Etc etc

Ahem yes Dooley is a horrible coach.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They don't have a choice now with the new contract with the SEC. The SEC is paying all those jackasses their salaries and will for the next several years.

Just watch, though, in the coming weeks and months they will show much more love towards Bama, Fla, SC, LSU, T&M, and Gawga than they do the rest of the league because those teams will pull the ratings.

Glad to be along for the ride!
GOBO!

What if CBJ had beat UT-- Dooley would of been gone sooner, UT would of been looking earlier for a new coach. CBJ most likely not got job at UT. so in the what ifs, by him losing, helped him get the head coaching job at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree, and I didn't say it did. It was just an odd game looking back. The talent disparity wasn't big enough to account for a 20 point loss.

It actually was totally enough to account for the disparity.

In 2011, UT had an average four year recruiting average of 16, Cincinnati was at about a 57. Cincy was right around the NCSU, Vanderbilt and Kentucky range.

If done for all Div 1 teams, and ranked in descending order there were roughly 40 teams between UT and Cincy in 2011.

That was the one game in 2011 where Dooley had a relatively talented offensive corps, a defense that was coached to an acceptable level, and most importantly his players had not given up on him yet but would after a string of demoralizing injuries and total mismanagement.

Reactions: 1 person
I will say this...

Hunter/Bray getting hurt
Lathers getting hurt

Etc etc

Vonn Bell?

VN Store

Back