Butch Jones on CBSSports

There is one thing about it, this talent we have this year was never coached up! We have a coach now that's is miles ahead of the past staff and you can bet your a$$ these guys will play miles ahead of what they played in the past! Will they win every game this year? Who knows season don't start till next sat. But it would not surprise me to see 8 wins out of this team and that's very possible! I will tell you this this staff and this team will go into EVERY GAME with the mindset of winning!!

This! The mindset of winning. GBO! stand beside or get run over

Where it concerns the 17 comment, I will take a Freshman or Sophomore who comes out and gives 110 % over a senior who doesn't play with heart and determination any day of the week. Especially 4 star talent. I want a team of hungry players, who spit on the thought of losing to anyone, especially Florida and Alabama.

Brewer was a 3-star committed to FSU in '06. Hood was a 3-star and Worley was, too. VolNuts was referring to their star rankings.

If you follow recruiting you will know that prospects who are likely to play other sports are not as highly rated or recruited, as well as athletes who have had off the field issues. So yes while their star "rankings" were low, they were very highly thought of recruits with very good offer lists which mean a lot more than stars.

Marcus Nash was not 6'4". He was 6'2".

Tennessee receiver Marcus Nash is a nice player that late in the first round. The Broncos replenished some depth with Mississippi State safety Eric Brown, Tennessee center Trey Teague and Virginia Tech running back Ken Oxendine. Rd. (Pk.)Name Pos. Ht. Wt. College 1 (30) Marcus Nash WR 6-2 191 Tennessee 2 (61) Eric Brown S 6-0 208 Mississippi St. 3 (91) Brian Griese QB 6-2 214 Michigan 4 (122) Curtis Alexander RB 5-11 205 Alabama 5 (153) Chris Howard RB 5-9 221 Michigan 7 (200) Trey Teague OC 6-4 299 Tennessee 7 (201)

Articles about Marcus Nash - Sun Sentinel

You must be referencing a different Marcus Nash:
Marcus Nash's Football Recruiting Profile

David Martin never really showed up much during his career at UT, and if I remember correctly, he didn't even get any playing time until after Tee was a QB...so, I'm not sure why you are trying to throw him up as a counter argument.

During his career he caught 46 passes for 543 yards and five touchdowns in 39 games.

Does it make you feel better to think we have no talent on this team? We have plenty of 4* talent on this roster. We just haven't had 4* coaches the past several years

You are the one equating size to talent (which I really don't agree with either). I listed multiple guys that were tall that played with Manning. Nash was listed at 6'4" on Wikipedia but only 6'3" on Nfl.com. Still a big dude either way. Marcus Nash, WR at NFL.com

Peerless Price was only 6-foot. Does that make him less talented?

I respect every VOL fan, but it gets old seeing Vol fans tear down the players thru setting the ceiling low, being the opposite of positive (negavol). I guess negative Vol fans are still trapped in a loosing era. Hopefully the team will bring them out starting very soon

GV, I'm not setting a ceiling, I'm just forming an opinion based upon 3 years of watching the seniors play. I hope they prove me wrong and I will be happy to eat crow and change my opinion.

VN Store

Back