Butch Jones talks returning Tennessee to a championship program

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
The first-year coach said he wants his players to focus on the everyday process and not the end result when it comes the Volunteer's season.

Butch will not stop until he puts Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina in the rear view mirror. I love it that he only wants Championships, and is not going to settle for second place.

All in all, CBJ came across looking like a coach who has a plan at SEC Media Days.

Butch represents the program with confidence and class wherever he goes.

580x392

Reactions: 26 people
Did he say to focus on the PROCESS? I'm taking shelter immediately.

I'm not all that concerned. Based on CBJ's track record vs. Dooley, it appears that CBJ actually has a process to focus on. Dooley, not so much other than bamboo farming.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not all that concerned. Based on CBJ's track record vs. Dooley, it appears that CBJ actually has a process to focus on. Dooley, not so much other than bamboo farming.

I'm convinced that he actually had a bamboo plant in his office that he wanted to grow and we just misinterpreted that as a metaphor for football.

In all fairness, Dooley never said when the bamboo would sprout up. It finally happened around 12/7/12. Bamboo, Butch.

Butch will not stop until he puts Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina in the rear view mirror.

Was this an actual quote of his? Did he say "Georgia, Florida and South Carolina"? If so, I LOVE the fact that he didn't mention Vanderbilt, thus reminding them that they aren't worthy of being mentioned at the big boy table.

Did he say to focus on the PROCESS? I'm taking shelter immediately.

Yeah, but when a reporter mentioned that he had a lot of slogans and asked which was his favorite, his answer was "Win."

Not to forget to mention that his process is a lot different than previous. We had something like 5 recruits at this time last year and were more worried about bar fights and failed drug tests. Have we heard any thing close to those issues lately?

No doubt........

BUTCH GETS IT!!!!!!!!!!! There's something different in the air in Knoxville.... we are breathing the air of new ideas, positivity, unity, and no pussy footing around!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE .. :rock:

Butch Jones gets it & that my friend is all we need to know. It'll be at least a couple of years to get this team on track to be in the hunt again & I'm willing to wait & support this coach for however long it takes.

The first-year coach said he wants his players to focus on the everyday process and not the end result when it comes the Volunteer's season.

Butch will not stop until he puts Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina in the rear view mirror. I love it that he only wants Championships, and is not going to settle for second place.

All in all, CBJ came across looking like a coach who has a plan at SEC Media Days.

Butch represents the program with confidence and class wherever he goes.

This is so much better than if he had just invoked the usual coach-speak.

Oh wait.

Reactions: 2 people
Just admit it. You're scared that UT has a coach with some brass and will own that Gator a**.

Scared? No.

Hopeful.

I mean, I'm looking at UF's home schedule this year and our two best SEC home games are UT and Arkansas. Just blech.

So much more fun when UT is good.

Butch Jones gets it & that my friend is all we need to know. It'll be at least a couple of years to get this team on track to be in the hunt again & I'm willing to wait & support this coach for however long it takes.

Call me crazy!, but I think we double our rush yards and are middle of the pack for sec defense. We need qbs an wrs to get dam serious about stepping up!

You're gonna get your wish.

I'm cautiously optimistic that you are right. Its just that I've seen this movie a few times here on VN and would like it to end differently than it has so far.

I mean, Kiffin was easy to hate because he was a lying scumbag and in fairly short order I got to do the I Told Ya So dance.

Dooley was just so pathetic it killed the sport of it.

Hell, Fulmer was fun because it was a back and forth affair and i could poke fun at the clipboard clapping fool.

This guy has no excuses, it seems to me, if given enough time.

Now, had you hired Charlie Strong, that would have been a big cause for concern. Guy has pipeline into South Florida talent.

I'm cautiously optimistic that you are right. Its just that I've seen this movie a few times here on VN and would like it to end differently than it has so far.

I mean, Kiffin was easy to hate because he was a lying scumbag and in fairly short order I got to do the I Told Ya So dance.

Hell, Fulmer was fun because it was a back and forth affair and i could poke fun at the clipboard clapping fool.

Now, had you hired Charlie Strong, that would have been a big cause for concern. Guy has pipeline into South Florida talent.

CBJ is a proven winner. He's put together a great staff and his recruiting is top notch. I honestly don't believe that Strong would've recruited this good at UT this early. Tennessee sells itself to some degree, but after three straight losing seasons you, me, or anybody else wouldn't have thought CBJ would pretty much take over the recruiting game like he has. He's gonna do big things here, I have no doubts.

we got a guy with a pipe line across the country not just South Florida.:)

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ is a proven winner. He's put together a great staff and his recruiting is top notch. I honestly don't believe that Strong would've recruited this good at UT this early. Tennessee sells itself to some degree, but after three straight losing seasons you, me, or anybody else wouldn't have thought CBJ would pretty much take over the recruiting game like he has. He's gonna do big things here, I have no doubts.

I think Strong would have been the best hire at UT in decades.

VN Store

Back