Butch Jones talks returning Tennessee to a championship program

South Florida is tapped by everybody and their brother. It'd be smart to target a specific few guys, and focus the bulk of efforts in not as tapped places.

Not a big deal, but I just noticed CBJ sorta has mole hands :)

molehand_zps31a2b6a4.png

What are "mole hands"?:blink:

Reactions: 1 person
Joke all you want but the area from Lake Okeechobee down to the Keys is, without question, the best producer of top level athletes in college football. Not even close.

Are you high? You take above lake O all day compared to the south.

Below lake O has great talent, but there is way more above.

This is so much better than if he had just invoked the usual coach-speak.

Oh wait.

You have law and gator in your user name..you lose. No matter any argument, you lose..you're thinking if something clever right now to respond with huh you still lose.

Reactions: 1 person
No. Just saying that 1) Strong is an excellent coach and 2) the man has connection to the greatest pool of talent. Heck, I wish UF hired him. He is bound for greatness.

They did hire him. They just didn't keep him...

No. Just saying that 1) Strong is an excellent coach and 2) the man has connection to the greatest pool of talent. Heck, I wish UF hired him.

He is bound for greatness.

Perhaps so, if he lands an upper-tier SEC position. For the time being, however, let's compare the composition of his current recruiting class vs. what Butch is putting together, now that he has the resources and brand of Tennessee to sell.

Tennessee: 23 commitments, 0 five-star recruits, 11 four-star recruits (most in the nation currently) and 11 three-star recruits, 3.43 ave. (currently 8th nationally) and 2223 points (first in the nation currently).

Louisville: 20 commitments, 0 five-star recruits, 1 four-star recruit, 17 three-star recruits, 2.95 ave. (currently 39th nationally) and 1515 points (16th in the nation currently). To me, it still looks like there is a ceiling on the caliber of athletes that Louisville is securing, even on the heels of last year's outstanding season.

Last edited:
Joke all you want but the area from Lake Okeechobee down to the Keys is, without question, the best producer of top level athletes in college football. Not even close.

This has nothing to do with this response, but I am seriously wondering how you could possibly have almost 31,000 posts in 8 years...If I figure correctly you post 10.5 times each day, 365 days a year....Do you do anything else except post on this site?? Do you even have any time to post on Gator sites besides doing whatever you do when not on here??? Man, this cooks my brain....You don't have to answer any of this, obviously, but.....

VN Store

Back