Butch on Jim Rome:Only One Tennessee

To be honest, he's pretty much mimicking everything Dooley said from the start. Hopefully the difference is BJ can make it happen.

I must have missed the part where he said Breeches, y'all, dynamic, schematic, and stature.

P.S. you know I'm giving you a hard time, I hope you do

It's coach speak, but Butch is so upbeat and sells the "Tennessee" brand at every chance he gets. Butch may not be able to get us to National Championships, but he'll win a lot of games before he's done. We all know we've got a long road in the most competitive conference in the country, but Butch will reestablish Tennessee back into the mix at the top.

Yeah, Rome's an arrogant elitist IMO. Heard he's very hard to deal with, out of control ego. Plus, I still can't forget what a jack arse he was to Jim Everett in that interview way back when. Wish Everett had gone ahead and pummeled him after knocking him out of his chair.

Anywho, he does have a big national audience so I'm glad Butch when on with him and did his thing.

Not a Rome fan but that video was a set up....not real...

Ever since the local station here dropped ESPN and started with CBS Sports Radio I haven't been listening to any sports talk. Rome sucks but I would rather be forced to listen to Finebaum team with Jimmy Hyams than be subjected to Scott Ferrall.

"We still have a long ways to go."
Love that quote! Keep grinding..

I think our last coach said that one a lot. You're easy to please.

As far as Jim Rome goes... He's an ass, but he'll always deserve credit for the "Baseball bat? Get this guy a tennis racket" line in Space Jam.

I like Rome.

He is an ***hole, but who cares. If you want to be a mind numbingly boring sports caster with 0 opinion or controversy.. Go be an anchor on Sportscenter

I fkin DESPISE Jim Rome. He is the biggest Yankee dhead on TV. I'm glad Butch was able to get us some more publicity,however. Butch truly understands what it takes to create a successful college program in this day and age. I predict multiple SEC and National Championships during Jones' tenure as the Vols coach. Go Vols!

Jim Rome I used to listen to him, but he got old and about that time he said Kiffin left TN, because USC was a better job. I say false not because I am a TN fan, but TN is actually ahead of USC in wins all time and percentage, in addition he left because he could not handle the SEC and had been at USC...it was not because it is a better job.

VN Store

Back