Bye-bye cold beer? Tennessee bill aims to ban sale of refrigerated alcoholic beverages. What to know

Guys, this bill is dead. Not going anywhere.

May have been mentioned one of the sponsors was hit head on by a drunk. Got told the guy was drinking his cold beer before it warmed up or some such nonsense. It was personal and he files a bill.

Anyone can file a bill. No where is it required the bill be a good one. The rest of the legislature realizes passing this results in a whole new legislature after the next election.

Anyway, news media picks up on this and reports a headline of "Republicans want to regulate cold beer!" and everyone responds like minnows to bread dropped in the water. Does anyone expect the Nashville media to actually report on this truthfully?

This is a big nothing burger. Bill is dead.
Darn, i was working on a design for a 12 VDC powered blast chiller for cans....thought I'd make millions....

Replaced with folks poured in the mold of Real Repubs Empty Greene, Lustful Lauren, Kiddie Muff Pumper Matt, and Jordan, Groomer enabler no doubt.
Idiots and clowns are the order of the day for politicians now.
Yeah….. what the world needs now are more Steve Cohens and Hank Johnsons

Definitely probably an overreach (although state governments have more powers than Federal governments).

OP probably knows more about this topic than I could hope to know but is the logic to slow down drunk driving? Logic being: If beer is warm, they will wait until they are home in the refrigerator.

Nevermind, Orangeburts answered my question. It has more to do with the type of refrigerators and nothing to do with trying to stop beer sales.

VN Store

Back