Bye-bye F-35?

They can’t build em fast enough. Line is around the block.

Major issues on the F-135 motor announced. Expected overhaul life is reduced by 25% for the motor due to excessive temp issues with the by pass air trying to cool all the electrics. Pentagon even admitted they missed design parameters.
TR-3 is pushed out a year and will require even more cooling air, much less TR-4. New engine core is planned but not till 2030. Not good.
This late in game.. I wasn't expecting such a serious design flaw.

The current engine design is already a decade old. They’re going to find a new engine for sure. And the F-35 will be the premier attack aircraft of all NATO countries. No wonder his jimmies are getting wadded up 😂

New 3 stream motor was cancelled in favor of new F-135 core which will not be ready until 2030.

The current engine design is already a decade old. They’re going to find a new engine for sure. And the F-35 will be the premier attack aircraft of all NATO countries. No wonder his jimmies are getting wadded up 😂
WAY older than that. WAY WAY WAY older.

They are going to be everywhere. We are going to need more engine suppliers.

I don’t want Pratt as the sole source. Bring on the competition.

New 3 stream motor was cancelled in favor of new F-135 core which will not be ready until 2030.
By new engine I meant either a new offering by GE (they’ve always stalked anyway) or major design update by P&W. Driven by the detailed post you provided. It is an aggressive design and they really did a decent job. The whole platform is game changing. But it’s already a decade old and just as they’re doing on sensors and computers they’re going to do the same on the power plant. It’s warranted.

By new engine I meant either a new offering by GE (they’ve always stalked anyway) or major design update by P&W. Driven by the detailed post you provided. It is an aggressive design and they really did a decent job. The whole platform is game changing. But it’s already a decade old and just as they’re doing on sensors and computers they’re going to do the same on the power plant. It’s warranted.
See my post above.

Hey I have supported it from Day 1. This latest news is disappointing. The new core update is 7 years away.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back