Bye-bye F-35?

No idea but the question is why would you?

Give me an F-35 and one would plink dat arse maybe without even knowing one was there. Not to mention you would never do such a stunt unless last ditch maneuver. Hang some missiles and fuel tanks on any fighter and all the sudden it is a 6G fighter. Big difference in display config and wartime config. Ask many a pilot what he wants more off, it is not thrust, etc, it is GAS and the F-35 has plenty, plus full 9G wartime capability with internal weapons.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
That is an F-15E which is not even as agile as the F-15C.. The Russians can do some crazy backflips and such so they are unreal really, but not sure if really useful as you always want to maintain energy in your flight. Looked for it online buy for years I used to subscribe to Air Forces Monthly and it had the photos.

Here it is..

That is insane.

It would also help defray the development costs on our end...
Announced we are buying more of the EX next year.

The U.S. Department of Defense will request 61 Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT)F-35 fighter jets in its next budget, 33fewer than previously planned, Bloomberg reports.

Along with the proposed F-35 reduction, the Air Force reportedly will request 24 F-15EX jets built by Boeing (NYSE:BA), up from 14 planned in the FY 2021 budget.

I wouldn’t think the F-35 would replace any variant of the F-15, except the Strike package specifically.

It is rather dependent on funding and what has to be shoehorned into acceptance of roles and budget. From my understanding the EX will replace C's and D's, but the EX is two seater like the E. But the F-35 will replace the F-16 and maybe E's while the EX's replace C's and D's, while having F-35's replace F-22's as well.

LOL..Honestly...the C's are aged and in more need of replacement so the EX's will replace C's and at some point the E's will need a replacement.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I read that. They want to retire 33 of them, re-deploy those dollars towards the Next-Gen Fighter.

That sounds like a defense force welfare program that has no operational capability..You need trainers and operational craft. No way you spilt duties and maintain proficiency for either the trainees or the operational pilots. Not like F-22's are ubiquitous.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
It is rather dependent on funding and what has to be shoehorned into acceptance of roles and budget. From my understanding the EX will replace C's and D's, but the EX is two seater like the E. But the F-35 will replace the F-16 and maybe E's while the EX's replace C's and D's, while having F-35's replace F-22's as well.

LOL..Honestly...the C's are aged and in more need of replacement so the EX's will replace C's and at some point the E's will need a replacement.
😵‍💫

Yea the F-35 for the F-16 & E seems to make sense.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
That sounds like a defense force welfare program that has no operational capability..You need trainers and operational craft. No way you spilt duties and maintain proficiency for either the trainees or the operational pilots. Not like F-22's are ubiquitous.
It will be an 18% reduction in the number of platforms.

VN Store

Back