Bye-bye F-35?

Aw man, nah it was back during the 90’s. After that we always went to Savannah to pull our ORE and ORI’s.
Woo! I’d sneak you a beer if you were still coming here for them.

Note* I’m not CRTC, I’m with the 165 here.... I hate the CRTC.

They did away with ORE and I’s for years. They’re coming back now.......

We’re in Ft Walton this week, steady stream everyday of cargo planes and Ospreys. F22’s in pairs and the occasional F18. I think I saw an AC yesterday, definitely looked like it had barrels sticking out in a few places.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
We’re in Ft Walton this week, steady stream everyday of cargo planes and Ospreys. F22’s in pairs and the occasional F18. I think I saw an AC yesterday, definitely looked like it had barrels sticking out in a few places.
The V-22’s were probably the AFSOC birds that replaced the MH-53Js and some of those “cargo planes” might have had pointy things sticking out the left side. The Air Commandos fly out of Hurlburt. AC-130s, MC-130s, V-22’s, and a couple of other 130 variants and a few smaller aircraft.

I envy you.

There has been a lot of military equipment moved lately.
Ob are/were you in the service? If so I’m guessing I can stop with the aircraft type lessons. 🤣

I’m sure the F-22’s were out of Elgin and I’d bet the F/A-18s were from P-Cola maybe doing Elgin Range time.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Venezuela will need our aid soon.
I’ve personally watched several trains loaded with humves, tanks and some stuff I don’t know the name for rolling east.

Fighter jets flying over Memphis headed somewhere.

I got used to the stuff living by Chaffee but it catches me off guard seeing it here.

Oh and some of those big ass helicopters with 2 rotors as well. There was 4 of them traveling together.

Ob are/were you in the service? If so I’m guessing I can stop with the aircraft type lessons. 🤣

I’m sure the F-22’s were out of Elgin and I’d bet the F/A-18s were from P-Cola maybe doing Elgin Range time.

No sir I was not. I tried to join the Army. Couldn’t due to medical conditions.
Dad is a Marine. Middle brother was in the Air Force. Little brother is a Marine.

I generally depend on GV, Hog, AirVol, BearCat, Tums and a few others to school me on the military.

No sir I was not. I tried to join the Army. Couldn’t due to medical conditions.
Dad is a Marine. Middle brother was in the Air Force. Little brother is a Marine.

I generally depend on GV, Hog, AirVol, BearCat, Tums and a few others to school me on the military.
👍

My mom was scared of her own shadow and worried about some of the dumbest things.
I was going on vacation in FT. Walton after 9/11 and she told me I "better be careful down there around that military base."....

The V-22’s were probably the AFSOC birds that replaced the MH-53Js and some of those “cargo planes” might have had pointy things sticking out the left side. The Air Commandos fly out of Hurlburt. AC-130s, MC-130s, V-22’s, and a couple of other 130 variants and a few smaller aircraft.
I didn't realize that the Osprey's were a part of the Special Ops. There have been actual documented things of guys parachuting out of 46's and Ch-53's not far from here. I don't know which service, maybe you guys can tell me or guess.

I didn't realize that the Osprey's were a part of the Special Ops. There have been actual documented things of guys parachuting out of 46's and Ch-53's not far from here. I don't know which service, maybe you guys can tell me or guess.
AFSOC replaced all of their MH-53J Pave Lows in the recent past with V-22s. They are operational now with the AFSOC squadrons.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I am honestly surprised that the F35 program ever got off the ground at all. Because they wanted 1 plane for everything, it sucks at everything it does compared to an aircraft that was designed for that purpose. It is underpowered, overweight, not very maneuverable...and the cost over runs and development issues...of course...have meant that the program cost more than the sum of the other aircraft it was supposed to replace. Stupid, stupid. Last generation aircraft can in fact outperform it at probably everything it is supposed to do, sometimes terribly. Even single engine,Hell, and F16 will fly circles around one. And it better all around as an attack aircraft and in many situations for air to air combat as well. Its not good for attacking ground targets compared to an F18 or F15E ,or the king A10 , it cant dogfight with any of them 16, 15, 14, or 18....it cant outrun, out turn, or carry more missiles than enemy aircraft... seems to me that while the idea of having 1 airframe to do all those different things was a good idea on paper..it was a horrible idea in practice. The only possible upside that i can see is hopefully cheaper costs for maintenance and repairs due to common parts etc. Used on the different variants of the F35A,B,C, etc..

Gv dont read my novellas if you dont have time, fatty. Saddlebags. I know you are, but what am I?

I am honestly surprised that the F35 program ever got off the ground at all. Because they wanted 1 plane for everything, it sucks at everything it does compared to an aircraft that was designed for that purpose. It is underpowered, overweight, not very maneuverable...and the cost over runs and development issues...of course...have meant that the program cost more than the sum of the other aircraft it was supposed to replace. Stupid, stupid. Last generation aircraft can in fact outperform it at probably everything it is supposed to do, sometimes terribly. Even single engine,Hell, and F16 will fly circles around one. And it better all around as an attack aircraft and in many situations for air to air combat as well. Its not good for attacking ground targets compared to an F18 or F15E ,or the king A10 , it cant dogfight with any of them 16, 15, 14, or 18....it cant outrun, out turn, or carry more missiles than enemy aircraft... seems to me that while the idea of having 1 airframe to do all those different things was a good idea on paper..it was a horrible idea in practice. The only possible upside that i can see is hopefully cheaper costs for maintenance and repairs due to common parts etc. Used on the different variants of the F35A,B,C, etc..

Gv dont read my novellas if you dont have time, fatty. Saddlebags. I know you are, but what am I?

Marcus....Sorry but you are seriously misguided and misled by the media and other so called experts who proclaim the F-35 program a travesty.
Read this forum, which features several aviators, technicians and other qualified people, and educate yourself on the F-35:

F-16.net - The ultimate F-16, F-22, F-35 reference

It has been a troubled program managerially, but is finally on track. I would not be concerned one iota with the combat capabilities. This thing will wax any 4th gen fighter in a combat configuration.

Edit: Ironically one crashed today..ish happens.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Marcus....Sorry but you are seriously misguided and misled by the media and other so called experts who proclaim the F-35 program a travesty.
Read this forum, which features several aviators, technicians and other qualified people, and educate yourself on the F-35:

F-16.net - The ultimate F-16, F-22, F-35 reference

It has been a troubled program managerially, but is finally on track. I would not be concerned one iota with the combat capabilities. This thing will wax any 4th gen fighter in a combat configuration.

Edit: Ironically one crashed today..ish happens.

I’d be careful about saying an F-15C equipped with the AN/APG-63 AESA would get waxed by an F-35. He who shoots first wins. If the F-35 is clean on external stations it runs a really good chance of shooting first. If he’s dirty I’ll take the Eagle.

And in close quarters I think most would prefer an F-16 or F-15. 16 for turning fights 15 to power away. Also on edit, if the F-35 winds up in a tight turning fight something has gone wrong anyway. See above, he who shoots first wins. The 35’s sensors and stealth should help largely avoid this scenario.

But the F-35 is very capable one sizes fits all approach.

I’m not a pilot but I’ve read a lot of the histories. Plus the F-35 is ugly when compared to an F-15 or F-16. 😬

Last edited:

VN Store

Back