'25 CA QB Madden Iamaleava (UCLA commit)

Yes people say things all the time. Sometimes smart things. Sometimes dumb things. But always things.

I'm not saying it was smart things or dumb things ... but it was things.

ancient-aliens-cobra-kai-creators.png

So, say we miss out on Mac at QB. Is Iamaleava’s little brother next in the pecking order for us? I mean he’s a solid prospect too. Not quite like his brother, but with his brother and Merklinger, presumably, in front of him next season he would have time to develop and learn the offense. Nico, Merklinger, and Madden would be a solid 3 man QB depth chart.

So, say we miss out on Mac at QB. Is Iamaleava’s little brother next in the pecking order for us? I mean he’s a solid prospect too. Not quite like his brother, but with his brother and Merklinger, presumably, in front of him next season he would have time to develop and learn the offense. Nico, Merklinger, and Madden would be a solid 3 man QB depth chart.
Ideally we take both GMac and Madden

“It’s cool, man, just to know it feels like home,” Iamaleava said of coming to Tennessee more frequently and having the opportunity to see his brother at the college level. “It’s cool to come up here and see my brother get out on the field and get some touches, be able to throw some passes. It’s surreal.” “It’s been good. Man, I don’t know. I’m here every week, so it’s just, like, basically home. Coach Heup, Joey (Halzle) just keep saying, ‘Keep balling out every week.’ They see me up here every week, so it’s like home.”
“Planning to hit up Washington when they play Oregon, I believe, so heading up there,” the four-star said. “That’s the only one I’ve got planned right now. I’m coming right back here next weekend for South Carolina. But, other than that, just Washington is the only visit I’ve got planned right now.” “The opportunity here is great, man,” the talented 2025 prospect said. “He already got it. We’re set in stone here. Just know, if I come in here, I’d just work twice as hard as he already did. But I feel like it’d be a good fit, just right after my brother, just passing the torch on down but we’ll see where it goes.”
“It’s cool being the guy, being QB1,”Iamaleava said on this. “Seen a lot, learned a lot from my brother, so it’s easy transitioning to that QB1 guy. But, as a recruit, recruiting’s going good right now. Colleges obviously ( hitting me up. Everything’s going good right now. Season’s going good. 3-2 right now. Missed the Serra game. That was a big loss we had, but going good right now. Love what we’re doing with my guys. Got a couple seniors from last year still with me. We’re doing good.”
“Go where you’re loved. That was his thing,” he said. of his brother’s message “Even if it’s not Tennessee, wherever I land, just make sure it fits right for me, and I love it there.” “Heavily improved on my deep ball,” he said. “Took a lot, learned a lot from Nico to just perfect that. Trying to get my accuracy down to being able to complete every deep ball, but definitely seen a lot of growth in that.” The younger Iamaleava said Miami, Washington and Tennessee are the teams hitting him up the most currently.
-VQ

Dude is having a monster year. Gotta think he would love to join his brother at UT. IMO he’s underrated.
19.0 is his yards per completion, not yards per attempt. It's still a phenomenal stat, but the math doesn't work for yards per attempt. It's 11.54 yards per attempt.

I really like this kid and would love to land him.

Hate to say it this way, but I wonder if he is a fall back option if G-Mac goes elsewhere. Feels like all the eggs in that basket.

I doubt we take both.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Hate to say it this way, but I wonder if he is a fall back option if G-Mac goes elsewhere. Feels like all the eggs in that basket.

I doubt we take both.
We need both. We have nico and Merk. We need to get another body in there somehow.

I doubt we take both.
They need to take two QBs in the 2025 class. There's been some thought that Madden would be QB #2 in the class, but he might be playing himself into being the #1 option for several good programs. It's really hard to land two top QBs in the same class in this new NIL era.

VN Store

Back