Can The Vols Cover 6 TDs vs Mocs?

Probably yes. Because the Heup will aim to please Vols fans for him to let Nico showcase himself. Plus, I expect the defense to be so vicious as to produce, at minimum, three turn-overs leading to TDs. Think of it as Nico-man's coming out party. And the defense to flex its muscles. I know this because Nathan (my dog) and the cracked crystal ball practically guaranteed it.

This game in some ways tells us the difference between last year's team and this year's. Chattanooga this year is better than Peay last year. This is my measuring stick. Mocs are Top 10 preseason checking in at 8th. I really believe we cover 36 points but we will see. Planning on making the Trip to Knoxville. In CHRIST Alone

Last edited:
I think they can. But don’t think they will. Reason is, get a comfortable lead early, rest the starters and stay injury free for NC State the week after.

When has Heupel ever rested starters early? When has Heupel ever taken his foot off the gas to "rest starters?" I can't recall much of that, especially with easy non-con games. Coach Heupel loves to ball. He gonna ball big in this one.

Last edited:
Ok we now.know that "style points" in the SEC matter...and they mean a little in the polls though they aren't supposed to factor...that in mind, do the starters and 1st string guys see the second half?

I think even with the 2nd units in the game the second half the lead is too large and we cover the 36 point spread.

When has Heupel ever rested starters early? When has Heupel ever taken his foot off the gas to "rest starters?" I can't recall much of that, especially with easy non-con games. Coach Heupel loves to ball. He gonna ball big in this one.
Took a long time to find it and had to go way back to last years UConn game. So in other words. Not even a year ago.

I think our backups have shown they’re plenty good enough to put up some points, even if it’s mostly runs and slants.
We're going to have to play 2nd & 3rd stingers at some point and those guys need to get some game time experience too. How and when the coaches do that is up to them. Just sit back & enjoy the ride.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We're going to have to play 2nd & 3rd stingers at some point and those guys need to get some game time experience too. How and when the coaches do that is up to them. Just sit back & enjoy the ride.
Oh, I agree and I plan to enjoy every second of it. I expect this offense to be explosive and defense to be stifling up front. We’re in for a real fun season. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back