Can we please stop booing our own players and coaches?

I get what you are saying. I think only a small percentage hear the boos and think those people will boo me too. I think most of these guys are cocky and think they will be able to play immediately over these booed players and will change it to cheers.

Reactions: adam.vol
Can we please stop booing our own players and coaches. I also get frustrated with players and especially play calling but it looks bad to recruits and the players.

Some people aren’t self motivated and need help getting that fire going. Would you take that away from those who need help?

Many of Neyland Stadium’s greatest comebacks began with some boos. 2013 Georgia. 2015 Georgia. 2024 Florida. Whether the booing helped the coaches pull their heads from their arses, or it woke the players from their hangovers; The reality of the poor performance brought the team back to life in the nick of time.

And I don’t think anyone can take the booing personally. It’s live feedback on team performance.

Last edited:
Some people aren’t self motivated and need help getting that fire going. Would you take that away from those who need help?

Many of Neyland Stadium’s greatest comebacks began with some boos. 2013 Georgia. 2015 Georgia. 2024 Florida. Whether the booing helped the coaches pull their heads from their arses, or it woke the players from their hangovers; The reality of the poor performance brought the team back to life in the nick of time.

And I don’t think anyone can take the booing personally. It’s live feedback on team performance.
Really???

Tennessee has one of, if not the most passionate fanbases in the country. That passion doesn't just evaporate when it's upset about something. You want insane crowd noise and an unhinged home environment? To get that you have to accept that the fanbase is going to express itself when it wants, not just when you like what it has to say. Nice respectful crowds are awful quite.

How likely do those boos play into CJH going cowboy and calling the most ballsy 4th down attempt in awhile? He's making millions and the fans are paying astronomical prices to support them. Boo and cheer as loud as you want.
I'd call that 4th down attempt "desperation" rather than ballsy, but that's just me.

The students yelling FU gators while we had a player on the field (with a season ending injury we found out) is the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long, long time.
They said it a few times until security put an end to it. It’s disgusting as there are kids in the stadium. But then again, the 49 ur old man behind me was using F bombs all night.

It happens everywhere, incl Oklahoma few weeks ago. It didn’t make it rt but profane language is accepted.

Well...that was kinda stupid to suggest being boo'd by their own fans would be motivating for a player or coach. "I hear boos...now I am fired up to call some different plays!"
You have never attempted to better yourself. Try taking on more responsibility and then tell the person who signs your paycheck that you’ll quit if they don’t stop complaining.

I want to see that video on TikTok 🤣

That might have worked when these kids weren't getting paid. They are getting compensated for their work now, so they can handle booing if they deserve it. If we're fine doing it to pro athletes, then we should be fine doing it to college athletes. They're being paid like pros.

Last edited:
Can we please stop booing our own players and coaches. I also get frustrated with players and especially play calling but it looks bad to recruits and the players.
You do realize we have an up-and-coming star on D and special teams, named BOO Carter? Not to mention, also a bad-azz on offense named BRU. ???

Reactions: luthervol

VN Store

Back